CBR250R (4 cyl) into a Ace125?

Paulo.Hanashiro

Hello to All..

My name is Paulo and I live in Sydney-NSW

I'm looking to buy a Ace 125 and while doing my researches I found this great forum and also this amazing bike

miyata_jade1+RC164.jpg

Would it be feasible to install a CBR250RR (MC22 motor) into a Ace 125 and have a look similar to RC166?

Any thoughts/comments are welcome.

Regards.
Paulo

I mean anything is possible if you can cut and weld, but straight swap? Almost certainly no.

A reinforced 'Ace' frame might cope with the extra weight and power but the barely adequate front and rear brakes would be terrifying!

A wider rear wheel would be advisable but would be difficult to fit.

The 150cc conversion makes these bikes a pleasure to ride; more power doesn't necessarily mean more fun.

Crazy

Hi Crazy.

It is not about the power. It is all about the sound..

Maybe the wise decision would be to convert this one to 150cc and find a CB250 Jade to convert?

I really enjoy the Honda Four symphony at mid-high revs. 8) 8)

The 150 'Ace' is great on a road like the Nasho and will do 100-110k if you're not too heavy.

The pleasure of four cylinders on full song is somewhat diminished by being unable to lose speed for the upcoming corner!

If you go for an 'Ace' and need any assistance with anything, or just want to chat, I'm located in SinCity's inner west.

Crazy

Thanks everyone for the insights.

The MC12 Engine weight is around 45Kg.

It is almost 3 times the weight of the original engine and twice the wait for the single cyl 250cc.

I would need to replace almost everything in the ACE in order to have a safe bike.

250cc 4 cyl motor swap is aborted.

What about the other upgrades we have available?

150cc upgrade or 250cc swap?

Pros and cons?

Is the 250Cc much better then a 150cc?

Paulo.Hanashiro said:
150cc upgrade or 250cc swap?

The sweet spot for me is the 150. Sometimes I would like a bit more grunt when accelerating uphill after a corner, but elsewhere the lighter motor helps during braking and directional changes.

Crazy

Some wise words here.

I've done the larger carb and header from Micheal and am happy with the result. It's sweet and far more fun through the Nasho then riding the Gladius or Boulevard which spend more time in the garage then out.

The Ace is my daily ride and you can find me on the Princes Hwy between Sutherland and Kogarah on week days.

For better performance I'm currently working on loosing weight!

There's more appropriate bike frames to drop the 4 into than this one.

Back
Top Bottom