PPI for UNI foam - 74 CB360 stock air boxes

huck_finn

Been Around the Block
I finally found a pair of stock air boxes (with filters) for my 74 cb360. The paper is shot, so I was planning on cutting/fitting some UNI foam to them. Does anybody know of a particular PPI that works well?

And if anybody knows a good way to seal the connection between the air box and battery box, I would love to know how you did it.

I ordered a sheet of uni foam filter media, removed the paper element, then cut the foam into a long strip that fits in place of the paper. I cut it a touch wide and long so it's a bit of a squeeze to get it in there; that way I don't have to worry about it shifting or sliding out, or any air gaps along the edges where dirt can sneak past.

I have not actually used my filters yet, I'm still in the process of building the bike. However I have used the foam in another bike to replace a bad paper element. Wrapped it around the metal screen and voila. Has worked fine for a couple thousand miles now. Just don't forget to oil the foam first!

Here's where I list all my bikes:
'71 Kaw 250 Bison
'81 KZ750 cafe
'94 XR250L
2014 Yamaha Bolt

In progress: '68 CL350

I ordered some that is rated at 65 PPI - I will see how it goes. I am hoping that I don't have to re-jet or adjust the floats.

Back
Top Bottom