1972 CB175 Cafe Racer

rentedshoes

Been Around the Block
Hey fellas. It pains me to do it but it is time to list this bike. It was my first motorcycle and my first major resto-mod project. I built it on this forum with help from many of you. I hope somebody will love it as much as I do.

I am offering for sale a one of a kind 1972 CB175 Super Sport Café Racer.
This bike was stripped and rebuilt from the ground up. The frame and swing arm have been re-powder coated, leaving the original VIN tag in tact.

The engine was professionally rebuilt bottom to top including new pistons, rings and timing chain. Valves have been lapped and adjusted to factory spec. Ensuring years of trouble free enjoyment. New Mikuni VM22’s have been fitted with pod filters to improve intake flow. Breathing duties are completed by a pair of straight through “silencers” are fitted to Honda CL 175 Scrambler pipes. At around 200lbs and 20 hp it isn’t going ot break any land speed records but it will put one big grin on your face.

The electrical system and wiring is all new. A Spark Moto regulator/rectifier has been fitted. An electric ignition from Charlie’s place connects to a new coil and provides spark to new NGK plugs.

All new bodywork has been fitted including a custom seat, gas tank from an overseas only late model Honda. Tucked below the custom seat is a hidden LED starter button. Down low a fiberglass belly pan from an early Ducati single contains a Shorai lithium ion battery as well as a voltage display. Under the seat resides an integrated LED taillight to keep things street legal.

CNC machined rearsets from Dime City Cycles are connected to the 5spd transmission and factory brake linkage. Which avoids the “bent brake rod” and keeps the factory brake switch.

A chrome Acewell digital speedometer/tach keep is mounted just ahead of the triple clamp. While one-off stainless clip-ons provide the pointing point for reworked switches and an aftermarket throttle. “Shorty” brake and clutch levers are fitted to maximize control and keep proportions just right. If you have ever owned a pair of Vans, you’ll appreciate the waffle pattern ODI grips, polished right-side barplug and a single mirror down low on the left.

Outback new shocks in factory length preserve the factory geometry while providing great traction. The fork has been serviced with new wipers and 10wt oil and a NOS vintage dirtbike fork brace to stiffen up the handling. Gators have been fitted to not only keep the fork clean but add a little style.

The factory wheels are shod with super-sticky Bridgestone Battlax BT39 tires. These tires shipped with a Moto Gp logo on the tag. So, you know they are great.

This bike is not only a blast to ride, but it is 100% street legal. Turn signals, brake lights, high/low beams, license plate light and horn all work. I have a clean blue Texas title in hand.

If this post is up, the bike is still available. I will not consider trades as I have my next project already picked out.

Pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/19pi2p6ia70ke5j/AACUTl4gZreSAFkWfyFzMA9ea?dl=0

PM me if interested.

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 173
Price and location?

Never understood how people go to all the trouble to attempt to sell something on the World Wide Web and don't list a price or location.

scott s said:
Price and location?

Never understood how people go to all the trouble to attempt to sell something on the World Wide Web and don't list a price or location.

Particularly when it is clearly stated in the requirements for the 'for sale' section that a price is needed in your ad

Back
Top Bottom