DO THE TON Mama Tried #8!! Oct 6-8, 2017 in the Dirty South

Less than a month to go! :D

We have a few details to sort out yet, but the excitement continues to build. :)

Looks like I'm out this year.
The new job doesn't allow me vacation time until next year. I had the thought of driving up Friday evening, spending Saturday, and then driving back Sunday morning. But Fridays are a fubar day (didn't get done until 8:00p last week), so that doesn't look like it'll happen either.

Really bummed that I'll miss seeing everyone, and miss DTT's 10th Anniversary :(

Redbird said:
The new job doesn't allow me vacation time until next year. I had the thought of driving up Friday evening, spending Saturday, and then driving back Sunday morning. But Fridays are a fubar day (didn't get done until 8:00p last week), so that doesn't look like it'll happen either.

Really bummed that I'll miss seeing everyone, and miss DTT's 10th Anniversary :(
You're killing me. You and the food will be sorely missed, brother. It just won't be the same.

Sorry to hear that Chris=(

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looks like I'll be heading to Barber's to deliver 3 bikes and see the sights. I didn't have the plan in place to have raced a previous event this year, so I don't qualify to enter the races. Too bad.

Anyway, look for me around the pits, I'll be in my white Chevy pickup & 6x12 box trailer with Born Again Bikes logos.

I'll swing by Ace Corner, I never used to have time to do anything when I was racing...

Hope to meet some of you in person, finally.

Redbird said:

Dammit man, gonna miss seeing you for sure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Snagged a ride on a sidecar, so I'll finally get to be on the track after 7 years' absence!

grandpaul said:
Snagged a ride on a sidecar, so I'll finally get to be on the track after 7 years' absence!

Nice! :D

Thanks guys, it means a lot.
The people are what make Barber worth the trip, the venue is secondary.
I'm definitely gonna miss y'all :(

Redbird said:
Thanks guys, it means a lot.
The people are what make Barber worth the trip, the venue is secondary.
I'm definitely gonna miss y'all :(

I agree, last year was my first time going. This year, I could take or leave even going to the event. Id just as soon hang out with all my pals the whole time.

HURCO550 said:
I agree, last year was my first time going. This year, I could take or leave even going to the event. Id just as soon hang out with all my pals the whole time.

Yup, the venue is top drawer and worth any and every effort to be there all by itself. The Vintage Days event simply adds to that.

But you're absolutely right. The DTT People are the real draw... year after year. You could have the party in a swamp... I'd still wanna be there. ;)

However, put it all together and it's an unbeatable, unforgettable, nearly unbelievable weekend. That's why we come for 4 days. We can't bear to leave. :D

We're gonna miss the missing for sure. :'(

I'm guessing we all be prepared with VERY heavy duty mosquito spray and Benadryl...

grandpaul said:
I'm guessing we all be prepared with VERY heavy duty mosquito spray and Benadryl...
Never hurts, but the nights are usually cool enough by then that they'll be long dormant.

If anyone needs camping space at the track, let me know. I bought 4 spots in lot D. I only need 2. DTT people stay free. Not many Ct people going this time.

Back
Top Bottom