New Member with first project bike. '95 Yamaha SR250

JMPUK

Hello all

Just joined the forum and looking forward to networking with you all over the process of my build and yours!!

First one so abit of a novice but going well so far... i think...

Would welcome any suggestions for any suitable rear shocks that won't break the bank and perhaps front and rear break upgrades?

Thanks and speak soon

(Now to get my head round how this forum works ???)

Hey man, welcome from Montreal - from one novice to another be wary of Emgo shocks! I bought some for my CB750, they look the part and were not expensive. But man they're firm - my osteopath thinks they're great because I have to go see him more often. They may work for other people on other bikes but for me they're a non-starter. I'm not a big guy, maybe some more weight would compress the springs better, but mine are probably gonna be traded out for some Progressive Series 12 shocks instead. The damper units and the springs are sold separately, and the springs come in three stiffnesses - Standard, Medium and Heavy Duty. Here in Canada they're about $400 CAD. Once I get them installed I'll let you know how they affect the ride.

High fives buddy

Welcome to DTT.

The suspension on your bike is one of, if not the most important systems on the motorcycle. Spend a little more and get yourself set of Hagons or Progressive shocks. Great parts, and really not that expensive.

That said, make sure you order the right ones as well. Both of those companies have pretty great customer service departments that will help you to order the right shock for you and your bike.

Thanks for your responses and best wishes guys.

Just had a look at both Hagon and Progressive's and they are exactly what I am looking for, thanks for the recommendations!

http://www.oemcycle.com/Products/Suspension+Shocks+Progressive_Suspension_412_Series_Cruiser_Shocks?userselect=_10066_4701

Just seen these ones which I might go for.. Will make a few calls tomorrow and see of they will fit etc etc

Cheers fellas!

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom