Mid-Ohio Question

J-Rod10

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I know several of you guys go up there yearly. I'm going to make it back up there this year, hopefully.

After talking to the folks up there yesterday, they have three vendor options. The swap meet, premium vendor spots, and another area that they have builders, etc.

I haven't been since 2012, so I don't remember, outside of the swap meet, where the other two are. Are the premium spots like they are at Barber, and just end caps to the rows? The builder area, is it separate from the swap?

Thanks in advance, fellas.

Hurco can probably be more helpful, but IIRC the "builder" spots were closer to the track and about a 5 minute walk from the main swap meet.

I would guess the premium spots were at the ends of the rows, close to the track entrance, etc.

J-Rod10 said:
I know several of you guys go up there yearly. I'm going to make it back up there this year, hopefully.

After talking to the folks up there yesterday, they have three vendor options. The swap meet, premium vendor spots, and another area that they have builders, etc.

I haven't been since 2012, so I don't remember, outside of the swap meet, where the other two are. Are the premium spots like they are at Barber, and just end caps to the rows? The builder area, is it separate from the swap?

Thanks in advance, fellas.

I believe the builders spots are separate from the swap, but not to far. Mid Ohio is a much more "compact" event than barber is, and there isn't much that is more than a 15min walk from the other areas, besides maybe the hare scrambles/ off-road area. If you are planning on selling your rearsets ect, not sure that the swap is where you want to be. It is very much so a swap meet, where everyone believes EVERY PRICE IS negotiable, and if your selling retail, I'm not sure how well it will work for you. I don't spend much time in the high end vendor area, but I'm not much of a high end buyer either hahaha

I may be less "refined" than the average white khaki short wearing barber patron, but I enjoy the Mid ohio event more than barber usually, but its all in what your into, plus, at 40 minutes from my house, it may as well be in my own back yard.

Ill try to look up a map of the site and circle where the different spots are located, as I cannot seem to find much online.

Edit, yes the premium spots are either the end of rows, or close to the main entrances of the swap meet itself. They truly do get more traffic than the rest by design, but I whole heartedly believe that any spot at that swap is worth the price you pay for it.

I don't want to derail J-rod here, but just in case you guys are counting on Guyers or Mike's Pizza both have closed. So make sure you get your ice and beer before you get into Lexington.

Back
Top Bottom