DOHC CB750's

My 81.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 476
Those are the emgo pods. It was pretty east to tune BUT I hate the stock carbs. I may end up trying the cycle x dual carb set.

davidgwells said:
Those are the emgo pods. It was pretty east to tune BUT I hate the stock carbs. I may end up trying the cycle x dual carb set.

I saw Cycle-X's setup but it was only for the SOHC Honda. The rack of CR carbs they sell looks sweet though.

davidgwells said:
They have a dohc version as well. Their site is impossible to navigate some times!
A month so ago I saw a set on ebay listed for a DOHC and had not seen them on cycle-x website so I called Ken direct. He said the do have a set for them BUT they will not fit in a stock frame... onlt for custom chopper frames like the ones the sell.

There's a guy that has them on a stock frame

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360799437.890784.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360799437.890784.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 474
Pistol Pete's bike. My favorite DOHC 750 of all time. It was my desktop background for a very long time. However, I have been convinced by several members of this forum that the Cycle X conversion is a downgrade in performance. Also, I feel the cost is too high. Hedrives did a gixxer carb conversion that seems to be the better alternative.

New guy checkin in... I got a 1980 CB750C... Pistol Petes bike has been the inspiration for my whole project. Used his bike as my starting point and have found my way from there to create my own vision.

heres my starting point (most of you guys in this thread have already commented on my build thread so this isnt anything new), and here it is at the start of mock up.

Attachments

• 2012-10-23 16.25.19.jpg
    2012-10-23 16.25.19.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 429
  • 2013-02-04 20.32.47.jpg
    2013-02-04 20.32.47.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 387
biker_reject said:
Pistol Pete's bike. My favorite DOHC 750 of all time. It was my desktop background for a very long time..
Its my current background, I'm mid build on an XV but Petes DOHC is the Muttsnuts

I picked up an 81 CB750K about a year ago (or a frame, wheels, engine, and carbs) and this is what the scene looked like:

1981 CB750K (a bunch of parts in boxes)

Unfortunately... I'm a college student on a budget AND I have a sense of duty to the cafe guys before me... so in doing it right, it is taking a lot of time. No cafe ricers in my garage. Only boxes of parts :'(

1981 CB750K (a bunch of parts in boxes)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361300603578.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361300603578.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,833
No shit, it takes a lot of time! Ha! My project is going over 4 years now and it's still only about 90% complete.

HD, when you polish comstars and have them come out that well... you earn the right to "shamelessly" post pics of them EVERYWHERE! haha 8)

Just getting started!

Been lurking for the last month or so trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can, there's a lot to be had here. Finally picked up my first bike last night, as 81 CB750K. Runs pretty strong but has only starts with a pretty good bump, battery is on tender now so we'll see. Not sure what direction I want to take it, kinda have to learn to ride first so i don't want to go cutting anything up just yet.

67296_490576717674544_974285427_n.jpg

I'm planning on swapping out the coils for a set from a CBR and going with a slightly hotter plug, along with a stronger battery I'm hoping this will help the starting issue, or maybe it's just too damn cold in Philly right now. I have the current exhaust, look and sound, so I'm gonna grab a 4 into 1, recommendations welcome, but leaning towards a Carpy. Decent pods and new jets should get round out the hop up, again, recommendations welcome.

I figure I'll ride for a little bit before sorting out the aesthetics, im leaning more towards a brat style, we'll see.

In the mean time I'll be learning as much as I can from all you guys and my local shops

Cheers!

R

davidgwells said:

Nice clean build. I almost went brat style with my seat as well. Have actually considered building a second brat style seat for 2-up riding.

What type of battery are you using and where is it hidden? up under the tank?

Back
Top Bottom