KZ440 Cafe Racer Phase 1 Complete

08FWS3

Done with phase 1 which was adding Clip-Ons, lowered headlight and eliminated all gauges and indicators. Next up will be powder coating the wheels satin black and adding a one piece tail section. Then it will be off to paint some time this winter, thinking of painting it Silver or Titanium with everything all blacked out.

Pics for clicks.
DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

I love the direction your kz is going, I also have a kz cafe and after seeing your i realize i have a load of part to strip to off and some stream lining to do.
Couple questions:
Where did you find those fork boots?
and what size clip ons did you use and where did they come from?
what was the process of removing the speedo? do you legally need a speedo?

Thanks for your time you bike looks great below is my Cafe..
M.Mc

IMG_1107.jpg

http://www.armbell.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7085&mforum=kz400

The fork boots come from ebay for dirt cheap, the clip-ons are 33mm from ebay also they were like $50 shipped but I will probably put some nicer ones on later. The headlight brackets are made by EMGO got them on ebay too, to strip off all the junk just pull off the headlight and all the wiring harnesses run into the back of it. Everything has individual plugs and is pretty easy to remove, but I also removed the front brake switch and am just running a rear brake switch only. I tried to eliminate as much stuff off the top triple tree as possible. I really need to get some custom cables made a little shorter, as for a speedometer in Indiana it is not required and neither are mirrors.

Do you have a link to the specific boots? I've been looking for some like that for a while, and want to make sure I get some that fit properly. Thanks.

valvesprung said:
Do you have a link to the specific boots? I've been looking for some like that for a while, and want to make sure I get some that fit properly. Thanks.

+1

Looks great man, I too love the boots. Been months since I've been on here, nice to see another baby KZ. Here's my resto-mod lol, not really a cafe.

IMG_1856.jpg

Badass! Did you use the stock airbox? And depending on your answer, how did you jet your carbs? I just picked up an '82 440 and I'm shopping for parts.

CerialPhreak said:
Badass! Did you use the stock airbox? And depending on your answer, how did you jet your carbs? I just picked up an '82 440 and I'm shopping for parts.

Everything I've read tells me the 440s dont like anything but stock airbox-- a lot of people have problems switching to pods. I have a 1980 kz440ltd.

AnxiousCowboy said:
Everything I've read tells me the 440s dont like anything but stock airbox-- a lot of people have problems switching to pods. I have a 1980 kz440ltd.

you can loose it and go pods but you have to rejet the carb and retune it, its a real pain in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom