72 CL350 Winter Build...DONE w/ New Pics!

1984cc

Pretty excited about my CL350 being finished up. This nice, early Spring weather was making me especially anxious. The entire build was done in the den of my loft ;D

I just got the seat back from the upholstery shop last week and finished some more final details. Just need to adjust/tune some things.

Build thread is here: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=31140.0

Waiting to go outside:
IMG_0701.jpg

Glorious sunlight:
IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

Re: 72 CL350 winter project...almost done!

you got a really clean good looking bike!

what kind of seat is that? thats the one i want to use for my project

72 CL350 winter project...almost done!

Thanks!

The seat is a Roc City unit. Interceptor I believe. It's shortened a bit and trimmed to fit up against the odd CL tank mount.

Re: 72 CL350 winter project...almost done!

Bike looks amazing!! I'm in the beginning stages of my own cl350 build. Starting to work on the frame. Since you already mounted your seat, you will be the best person to ask. How did you go about mounting it? Did you cut the rear seat mount? Any fabrication? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

72 CL350 winter project...almost done!

Thanks! I did remove the factory seat mounts. Take a look at my build thread link above and there's pics of how the seat is attached. I used a low profile, car hood pin so it'd be easy to remove. The foam I put on the frame keeps the seat straight.

Definitly a cool bike!

Question, out of my own curiousity. What did you do with the screw that holds the clip to lock down the headlight ring? How is it staying on there? I like the british style headlight buckets. I have the same one on my CB360

cervin said:
turned really great man!

Thanks man! You need to hit me up so we can check out the bikes in person now that it's nice out.

AzHonda said:
Definitly a cool bike!

Question, out of my own curiousity. What did you do with the screw that holds the clip to lock down the headlight ring? How is it staying on there? I like the british style headlight buckets. I have the same one on my CB360

I didn't have the clip in the headlight when I took these pics. I realized it after I brought it back in the garage. :D

And thanks everyone for the kind words. Can't be happy enough to have this project done.

Nice Job! Where did you buy your clutch and brake cables with the wrap on them? really like that look.

Thanks,

plyzo said:
Nice Job! Where did you buy your clutch and brake cables with the wrap on them? really like that look.

Thanks,

They are plain OE cables that I put the wrap on myself.

iContango said:
That is a beautiful bike - love the brown color combo on the seat and the grips. Where are you located?

Thank you! Located in Chicago.

you can get the wrap from cable orginizer.com i did a full write up in the how to section on wrapping them... i do all my bikes you can get it in chrome as well

Back
Top Bottom