Help identifying bike

rusche

Been Around the Block
Got an opportunity to pick up this pile of parts for free. No title. Not sure what it is. Looks like CB750? But the gauge cluster doesnt seem to match. Anybody know? Only picture I have.

Attachments

• 20160313_130349.jpg
    20160313_130349.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 231
The shaft drive, slash cut muffler, and tank shape say mid '80's 550/650 Nighthawk to me.

I thought it might be newer (nighthawk), but the brake master and the cable clutch seem to tell a different story to me?

Unfortunately, I have not seen the bike in person, I do not have the VIN, or any other information other than its free and it has no title. The one picture is all I've got. I'll likely pick it up Sunday, just really curious as to what it is.

The fuel gauge is what is really throwing me for a loop. Atleast it looks like a fuel gauge. Any other ideas? Now I have to wait until next Sunday to check it out

Looks like someone's made a bike out of parts laying around - that MC looks like older CB or Z1, the gauges don't even look Honda, etc.

That is completely possible also.
Apparently some crack heads rented out this guys house, and left it there when they left. Trashed the house.
So it could be 6 different bikes in reality, guess I'll find out when I put my eyes on it :eek:

Well everything is making a bit more sense. Picked up the whole pile today
A 1984 KZ1000
A 72 CB500 rolling chassic (no motor)
Not sure what the pictured Honda tank is off but have that too

Back
Top Bottom