what offers a better riding position?

• clubman bars

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • clip-on's

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

uchi2013

I'm building a cb360 with rear sets and am looking for suggestions for on what type of bars will give me the best riding position? By "riding position" I mean comfort and handling

I'm 5'10" tall and 155lbs, so I'm not a big guy. I like to look of clip-ons but I'm worried that if I ride for and hour and a half it might wear on me.

personal experience from others would be appreciated

I like drag bars. Lower than stock, but not so low, like clip ons, that I'm laid over the tank.

I too like drag bars, if it ever bothers me I just switch over to my superbike.

Clip ons only looks good with an aftermarket triple. Look off when the stock risers aren't used.

i'm having clubmans on my cb 125 because it makes the bike look and feel bigger, but i'm having clip-ons laying around and haven't got them fitted yet, so i'm looking forward to the outcome of the poll. it may decide what i'll do with it...

Clip ons. Cleaner look, and they are adjustable so you can get them in the most comfortable position.

for bigger bikes i would say yes, put some clip-ons on there. for smaller bikes i would say clubmans because it makes the bike look and feel bigger. also depends on how tall you are...

btw, someone ever got problems with clip ons that worked loose over time or so? any 'i almost broke my neck' stories?

jungalist said:
for bigger bikes i would say yes, put some clip-ons on there. for smaller bikes i would say clubmans because it makes the bike look and feel bigger. also depends on how tall you are...

btw, someone ever got problems with clip ons that worked loose over time or so? any 'i almost broke my neck' stories?

If your clip ons come loose, it's either because they were VERY poorly manufactured (which you as a buyer should've caught, and then scrapped them) or because you as a builder installed them improperly.

Also, my opinion only, but clip ons are always the way to go if you're building a "cafe". Clean, streamlined, and they allow the utmost in control when installed properly.

i just have clipons laying around but didn't got to fitting them because i also want my gauges lowered etc... just curious if it could be possible that they fail

Clubman bars are horrible. Clip ons are ok, depends on the angle. I have them on one bike but the seat is really low so it's really comfortable. Something similar to Superbike bars are my favorite.

I just fitted clubmans on my bike last week and the riding position feels great, cb350f with rearsets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom