Cb360 no power under load fine at idle.

Djfob

Been Around the Block
I've been diagnosing my cb360 as a misfire, all spark related parts are new and timing is spot on. Now looking at it being a fuel delivery/lean condition?

Under load I can wrap the throttle it barely gets up to speed, will get nowhere near redline, *lack of hp and slight hesitation like it's choked off. Very light throttle it's ok.

At idle I can rev it till it blows the engine.*

It also will not start with the choke closed only open for air to get in. While it's running anytime I close the choke cutting off air engine dies right away.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

choke richens the mix so yeah too lean id say. what size are your pilots? float level set to spec? my guess is both are too lean.

How did you check timing? Just static or did you use a strobe to check advance as well? Have you checked compression?

Carbs were rebuilt by crazypj to run pods. I'll have to ask but I'm pretty sure we stuck with stock jets.

Thinking I'm going to try 115s since my exhaust setup is short and open. Change out the old diaphragms to rule out air leak while I'm at it.
eeeea39293a34c6fd822a4a32d6c349d.jpg

" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Sonreir said:
How did you check timing? Just static or did you use a strobe to check advance as well? Have you checked compression?
Static timing and compression is 170....160. Going to pick up a strobe next few days to check advance, been waiting for it to go on sale and final has.

While you're riding, pop the cap. If conditions improve, then know the cap isn't venting and fuel is having a hard time getting to the carbs.

Sounds like its running to rich to me. Have you done a plug chop during the most troublesome rpm.

If it will only start cold w choke open = too rich.

Back
Top Bottom