Found a BSA...part II... '67 B44

Re: Found a BSA... ain't telling where part 2

I OWN IT!!!

Day1_zps43f3f037.jpg

I'm sure I'll spend more that a few hours checking her over and cleaning her up but then I will put her to bed in the "staging section" in the back of the shop until her Big sister my same year '67 A-65 is done, or at least it's at a stand still. ;)

Also found this "BSA Unit Singles" website http://www.bsaunitsingles.com/indext.html and had already downloaded the Factory Service and Parts manuals.

Damn....Just got sniped at the last minute on e-bay for this STEEL tank listed for a 441. I had a max "willing to pay" bid on. Even though the factory pieces were fiberglass, I thought it would be a nice addition. ::)

Attachments

• $_12.jpg
    $_12.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 511
Congrats Hoosier! What do the think the time frame on the B44 will be? Couple of years? I know you have a few projects in front of her on the production line!

HR

Well... it sure didn't take you long to spend that 'dragbike money'!! ;D ;D

Congrats HD!! 8)

That's probably about right Holy Roller, I have slowly been working on the Spitfire then this little 441 is next.
Drew, I knew I was going to get SOMETHING... just had to figure out WHAT! Thanks for the help. ;)

Hoosier Daddy said:
Drew, I knew I was going to get SOMETHING... just had to figure out WHAT! Thanks for the help. ;)

I have the great gift of knowing how to help people spend their money. ;) ;D

The drag bike chassis has gone to a new home in London, Ontario. :)

This oughta be a preposterously expensive thread. I'm in.

Playin around with what I have on hand. I've bought a different tank for my A65 so have the original off the Spitfire, it might just work here. Mounting hole lines up, clears the yoke, and the front seat mount engauges.... Hmmmm.

spittank2_zps030215a4.jpg

Have spent a little more time in the shop lately, just a few hours but building momentum. See a few more bits missing off this little gal than I anticipated but that just means I can put her together my way and not feel bad about it.

Hmmm... little gal... That does it! Sticking with my build themes, I'm going to call her "Jailbait"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOpqJFvnLMo

Hoosier Daddy said:
Have spent a little more time in the shop lately, just a few hours but building momentum. See a few more bits missing off this little gal than I anticipated but that just means I can put her together my way and not feel bad about it.

Hmmm... little gal... That does it! Sticking with my build themes, I'm going to call her "Jailbait"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOpqJFvnLMo

I'm not familiar with that song/group, so I googled "Jailbait" .. I think I'm going to hell.

Nice little bike.

You know Beachcomber, actually it seems better proportioned on this smaller frame than it was on the original.

Sorry about that Teazer....guess it should have come with a disclaimer. ;D

On another note, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a left side cover for this thing. PN 83-1538, 83-1458, and others interchange. Right side is the oil tank and fairly common, but the left.... dang! I do see repos are now made so there is always new, but for now I'll keep searching for an original.

Even pictures are tough to find. This one was on bsaunitsingles.com but already sold.

83-1538U.JPG

feelers put out as we speak !!

Pity, we just missed the first major Classic Bike show and autojumble of the year [ Stafford ].

I just got two sets of Lightning side covers from a fellow in Mich. He makes them, nice quality, perfect match. $70 or so shipped for a pair- not sure if he makes them for the B44, but I can give you his contact info if you like . . . I got a set from him last year and trimmed them to the shape I wanted:

Back
Top Bottom