Blake's cb350 Cafe (Update: APRIL 10th Jetted,exhaust, all hard work done! PICS)

Color Scheme

• Black on Black w/ Chrome Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Black on Black w/ Black Accents

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Original Gold Orange with Black and Chrome Accents

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Re: A Kid's CB350: First Retro Motorcycle Ever

i wouldn't mind running the hibeams on all the time... but i can't let it idle or it'll die if it idles too long... right?

I guess a new harness would be a good idea...this one i got is pretty messed up and old.

so i just went outside and did a little more polishing on the engine. going for the polished aluminum for now i guess. i detangled the mess of wiring inside the headlight casing and tryed to get them in order for tommarow.

Tommarow im gonna bring my ipod touch outside with me(it has internet access) so ill be able to use a wiring diagram and im gonna try to wire up this killswitch and start the bike hopefully by kick start. *cross your fingers!*

dr j was talking to me i think...

in responce... Dr j- hed need two petcocks/filler caps if he used his original tank design, which is nearly flat against the top tube of the frame, as the tank would have a seam in the bottom which would keep the two halves seperate... or at least thats what i can see in the drawing.

Blake... get the bike in top stock condition first, then modify. i would get a set of feeler gauges and adjust your valves first. then rebuild your carbs using new gaskets/ carb rebuild kit. throw in fresh gas and new spark plugs that are properly gapped, then use the interactive wiring diagram i gave you (im pretty sure i did? old man honda?) to make sure you have all the basics in place for your ignition circuit. worry about signals/lights later.

give her a kick, and if you have compression, spark, and fuel, trust me, shell run. these honda twins are bulletproof.

was looking up rules for turn signals to see if i had to even install them and i dont!

Illinois Motorcycle Regulations:

Safety Helmet: Not required by law.
Eye Protection: Required by law unless equipped with windscreen
Passenger Age: No Restrictions
Helmet Speakers: For Communication Only
Mirrors: One required by law
Headlight: Daytime headlight required by law. Modulating headlight permitted.
Turn Signals: Not Required
Handlebars: Handgrips below shoulder height
Muffler: Muffler required. Not modified to amplify or increase noise above that emitted by muffler originally installed (Sec. 902-101).
Noise Restrictions: Maximum allowable A-weighted sound levels based on measurements taken at a distance of 50 feet (Sec. 902.122): 80-82dBA at less than 35mph; 86dBA at more than 35mph.

you had the wrong link entirely!

you had for the cb350 four cylinder, not the twin

and in illinois the exhaust dont matter as the mirror. i have never had a mirror and exhaust is always loud as hell

my94f2 said:
and in illinois the exhaust dont matter as the mirror. i have never had a mirror and exhaust is always loud as hell

please muffle your pipe. loud exhausts DO NOT save lives, and sound completely stupid and tinny. Also they do nothing but get even stricter laws placed on motorcycling.

and chances are your open pipe is not the correct tuned length, so its not like your really gaining any power; chances are you could BENEFIT from a little baffling.

WE HAVE FIRE!

My dad did something...helped me a little and we put a battery on it and we got it to fire for a second or two! so i know that its gonna be easy to get it running.

Going to the store for line filters right now... and some laundry soda to do some electrolysis with my tank. Cleaning the rust outta of that tonight. Will have pics...

also replacing some lines and wires too...

sounds good man! make sure your valves and everything are adjusted... also check cam chain tensioner etc. last thing you need is for her to be running, then bend a valve as she wasnt adjusted properly.

also sand your points and adjust them, then consider getting new ones (if the stockers are old and worn, its worth it.)

keep us posted.

how do you check the cam chain tensioner? and ive heard adjusting that is a bitch?

And how do you adjust the valves? im pretty sure they were adjusted when i bought it.

Seriously dude, ya gotta get your hands on a manual. These are the kind of questions that are answered in full detailed with pretty pictures. Its hard for us to explain it the same way on here.

also, I PMed you regarding that throttle control.

bob.

+1 to Bob. Even after you try it according to the manual, you might still have a question or two though.

@bob,

Still working on that,
between work and a girlfriend, and family...well i haven't really had time to look for these things. is 10bucks a good deal for one? ha.

and also bob,

Dont need the switches i guess... because im using new style switches and taking the turn signals out...and rewiring for full time running lights.

There should be a link to an online manual on DTT somewhere. However, since the site changed I don't know where it would be.

DUDE!

i gave you a link to the shop manual back on page one. now go and download it you schmuck ;)

just do what i do with my girlfriends... bring them into the shop and... multi task...

well, only two ever let me do that to them there, and one moved back to denmark, the other left me for some guy (cant blame her, it wasnt a bf/gf relationship, just a hookup, do miss her though...)

anyway.

BIKE FIRST, THEN GIRL! i blew off two girls today to get SOMETHING done on bike... ended up not happening, but still ;)

Rocan said:
DUDE!

i gave you a link to the shop manual back on page one. now go and download it you schmuck ;)

just do what i do with my girlfriends... bring them into the shop and... multi task...

well, only two ever let me do that to them there, and one moved back to denmark, the other left me for some guy (cant blame her, it wasnt a bf/gf relationship, just a hookup, do miss her though...)

anyway.

BIKE FIRST, THEN GIRL! i blew off two girls today to get SOMETHING done on bike... ended up not happening, but still ;)

I am i am! but i can't bring the manual in the shop if its on my computer which is why im not downloading it cuz it takes forever for me to download stuff with HILLBILLY CONNECTION SPEED.

Also, guys i have a little ADD and procrastination sometimes so bare with me... Photos just got done so heres what i've done so far:

100_2056.jpg

First and foremost i had to put my new grille in :)
100_2063.jpg

replaced lines last night and got 2 fuel line filters for the carbs...
100_2065.jpg

Got fire last night! so thats great! we've been using the battery charger for my battery haha.
12volt 50amps.
100_2033.jpg

General Cleaning up of the bike, not much i can do except that...without research.
Also starting to polish up the covers for the polished look as you can see.

Comments?!

By the way:

those tires i'm pretty sure are new ...!!
So thats gonna save me about 100bucks wont it?

yeah those tires are new. lucky!

blake... put the download on overnight. the manual really is a lot to print out all at once; so dont do that. print each section as you need it; you dont need the whole book all the time (though i have been looking into getting a bound copy made).

good luck. seems your making decent progress.

Back
Top Bottom