Honda XR650L "El Conquistador"

coyote13 said:
Most states have provisions to legalize non-street-legal-from-the-factory bikes as long as you have all of the necessary lights, horn, etc. to be considered legal, then registering the VIN.

Wow, I did not know that. That opens up a lot of possibilities. Thanks!

Maritime said:
This bike is street legal right from Honda.

Oh crap, I did not even notice the rear brake light and signals. Funny, the faces of the gauges are so scratched I did not even know what they were! Thanks!

edelweiss said:
Oh crap, I did not even notice the rear brake light and signals. Funny, the faces of the gauges are so scratched I did not even know what they were! Thanks!

Sun damage can all sorts of wierd things to plastic.

I'm back!!

It's been a while since I've worked on the bike. I recently moved so it took a little while to unpack everything and set up shop in the garage again.

Here's where the project stands:

- Checked specs for rockers, cams, piston, rings, etc.
- Repainted Jug, Head, and Lower Case

- Frame and Battery Box powdercoated Battleship Grey
- Swingarm and Fork Cases powdercoated Stardust Silver

- Front forks rebuilt with Eiback .47kg springs, All Balls Seals, Delrin Spacers, and Racetech Gold Valve Emulators

- ALL Balls Racing Stem Bearings
- Motor Rebuilt and Painted
- Custom Work Performance Shock (internally shortend 1/2 inch and re-valved to street bike specs)

My attempt at shaving my seat foam. It may be unconventional but it works for me. I ordered a 3 inch thick high density foam block on Amazon and glued it on the seat pan using 3M spray adhesive. Then borrowed my wife's Wusthof bread knife from the kitchen and hacked away. After 30 mins, I had a rough shape of what I wanted.

My upholstry shop Eddy and Sons in Bellflower, CA will end up sanding down the foam when they upholster it with a vintage brown vinyl.

And the mess I made....

New Sprockets
New Rear Rotor
New Swingarm Needle Bearings
New Honda Chain Adjusters
Ebay Rear Brake Reservoir
Refinished/Rebuilt Rear Master
EBC 320mm Supermoto Rotor
Works Performance Custom Shock

Test fitting my freshly painted front fender to a RSW fork brace. Paint color is a blueish-grey. I chose this paint color when I was out for brunch with some friends one weekend. Noticed a Benjamin Moore paint store nearby, walked in to grab some color samples, and my buddies thought this color would look cool.....

Re: Honda XR650L "El Conquistador"

Wisconsin Jeff said:
Where did you source your fender?

Great work, Stan! Keep the progress and pics coming?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks Jeff. It was handmade out of aluminum by my buddy Evan @Iron Cobras Fabrication in Long Beach, CA.

Nice project El C...that's a neat guard mount/brace. Looking for ideas on my CBX tracker project and had thought to use the stock brace with modified alloy guard.

cascade_crawler said:
Awesome! What size innertube did you use in the rear tire and where did you source it?

Excited for more!

500/530 -18 TR6 Tube from Bikemaster on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom