Cb350 Tracker / Scrambler - The UpstateScrambler

I finished up the front fender mount, and mounted the stubby fender. The mount came out well and is very stiff, but I think the fender is just a little too short. I'll have to make another.

Since starting the business I've been too busy building bikes for others that I don't have time to build one for myself. I practically missed all of last riding season, but not this year! I picked myself up something to ride when not testing builds.

love the front fender bracket why not show it off more with the fender underneath ? besides the real issues of having it hidden underneath (the bracket)

xb33bsa said:
love the front fender bracket why not show it off more with the fender underneath ? besides the real issues of having it hidden underneath (the bracket)

indeed!

xb33bsa said:

Thanks. I thought about that, but I don't think it would fit with the rest of the bike.

I made the new fender yesterday. I gave it a low crown to match the styling of the tank. It's about 3" longer and I think fits a little better.

Hmm. Well it doesnt flow with the tire, isnt mounted close enough, is canted over the tire, and isnt long enough to do anything, functionally speaking. The brace is nowhere near as strong as a stock fender and brace. So, no I don't like it. Don't like it at all.

DohcBikes said:
Hmm. Well it doesnt flow with the tire, isnt mounted close enough, is canted over the tire, and isnt long enough to do anything, functionally speaking. The brace is nowhere near as strong as a stock fender and brace. So, no I don't like it. Don't like it at all.

That's fine. I like short fenders, and I think the brace is plenty strong compared to stock.

I do like how you posted as tho you were answering a question.

Thanks for following.

I'm not sure I'd put it the way Dohc did, but I do agree it looks a little far away, or that visually something looks a little off. That being said, if your happy with it that's all that matters.

that tire grooved and those exposed cross tubes are gonna kick rocks bro ,literally back at you and shot peen the sliders
it looks fucking great ,but you hide it ,fak ,show it up top and avoid being pepperd by road debris
thats all

DohcBikes said:
Ahhh fuck, he's on to me :p
jag767 said:
I'm not sure I'd put it the way Dohc did, but I do agree it looks a little far away, or that visually something looks a little off. That being said, if your happy with it that's all that matters.
xb33bsa said:
that tire grooved and those exposed cross tubes are gonna kick rocks bro ,literally back at you and shot peen the sliders
it looks fucking great ,but you hide it ,fak ,show it up top and avoid being pepperd by road debris
thats all

Sorry guys. I never mind criticism, you just don't have to be a bit of a dick about it because we're online.

For some reason I like the off balanced look of short fenders. I also like to tuck my headlights tight against the forks to give the whole front end a compact look, just my style.

I actually didn't think about the consequences of debris hitting the supports below the fender. That's a good point. Maybe I'll try out mounting the fender below.

ncologerojr said:
Sorry guys. I never mind criticism, you just don't have to be a bit of a dick about it because we're online.
I'm worse in person. If we were aquaintances I'd make fun of that fender every single day i saw it. Its as valuable as scrap metal because its way too short. Might as well delete it.

I roughed in one more slightly longer fender to try and mount below my bracket. I think this one might be just right.

Back
Top Bottom