Cb350 Tracker / Scrambler - The UpstateScrambler

Looks very nice, and so shiny. I will be using the same tail light, so was interested in seeing how you mounted it to the hoop. A great looking bike!

it really does look fantastic
but me being an asshole ill point out that it needs something like side panels to keep the air filters from getting knocked off or torn up by a foot getting slung over the bike
'it will happen,eventually and or could even pull the carb right out of the intake spigot flange
the carbs you have a support to them or they hanging on their own ?
stock setup the carbs get lots of help from the connection to the airbox ,they need something to support them
the front fender and bracket are very nearly perfection i just dont why it is bobbed so short
specially in the front it upsets the perfection in the bracket you made
i hope the seat padding is almost solid and unmovable at the same height as those brass nuts stick straight up the ass,otherwsise it will be a very unpleasant suprise for the rider
the seat would be perfect if it was same height as the hump even a bit higher with a padded bolster just up and over front top edge of the hump
carry on

Northish said:
Looks very nice, and so shiny. I will be using the same tail light, so was interested in seeing how you mounted it to the hoop. A great looking bike!

Thanks! I made a separate aluminum bracket for the light. A lot of people stick it straight to the hoop, but that just doesn't seem like the best route in my opinion.

Cb350 Tracker / Scrambler - The UpstateScrambler

xb33bsa said:
it really does look fantastic
but me being an asshole ill point out that it needs something like side panels to keep the air filters from getting knocked off or torn up by a foot getting slung over the bike
'it will happen,eventually and or could even pull the carb right out of the intake spigot flange
the carbs you have a support to them or they hanging on their own ?
stock setup the carbs get lots of help from the connection to the airbox ,they need something to support them
the front fender and bracket are very nearly perfection i just dont why it is bobbed so short
specially in the front it upsets the perfection in the bracket you made
i hope the seat padding is almost solid and unmovable at the same height as those brass nuts stick straight up the ass,otherwsise it will be a very unpleasant suprise for the rider
the seat would be perfect if it was same height as the hump even a bit higher with a padded bolster just up and over front top edge of the hump
carry on

Thanks!

I'm not worried about the carbs. It would be hard to snag a foot on the filters, and the new boots hold very snug. I've never had a problem.

The fender is bobbed short because that's just how I like it.

The seat has very dense foam up past the rivet-nuts, you can't feel them.

Once the seat is wrapped the rear of the seat should be level with the rear cowl, or slightly above.

Re: Cb350 Tracker / Scrambler - The UpstateScrambler

ncologerojr said:
Thanks!

I'm not worried about the carbs. It would be hard to snag a foot on the filters, and the new boots hold very snug. I've never had a problem.

The fender is bobbed short because that's just how I like it.

The seat has very dense foam up past the rivet-nuts, you can't feel them.

Once the seat is wrapped the rear of the seat should be level with the rear cowl, or slightly above.

oooooo that is sugar coated titty good
that is one of the best looking 350's i have ever seen, except it is unfished looking
it just is screaming out for some number plates or side panels the open look is below your capabilities, way below

xb33bsa said:
oooooo that is sugar coated titty good
that is one of the best looking 350's i have ever seen, except it is unfished looking
it just is screaming out for some number plates or side panels the open look is below your capabilities, way below

Well thank you. I actually had an idea for some nice curved panels in that space, but the customer likes the open look. He pretty much gave me free reign on everything but that, so I can't complain.

When I go back to working on my xs650 it will be built just the way I want it, which is with plenty of hand-shaped aluminum.

jag767 said:
Nick what shocks are those?

They are cheaper units, I forget the manufacturer. I usually build with cheaper shocks and bolt-on's because I feel like I can give my customer better value by using their money for the one-off parts. They can always upgrade the shocks in the future.

Bike looks great, where is that foam from? how is tire spray gonna spray off the carbs? that light mounting might get stolen by a few people ::) ;D

Nj732port said:
Bike looks great, where is that foam from? how is tire spray gonna spray off the carbs? that light mounting might get stolen by a few people ::) ;D

Thanks. The foam is a hd closed cell polyethylene ordered from McMaster.

Most of the heavy tire spray should hit the rear of the battery box and under the tail, but obviously some water will hit the carbs. The oiled uni foam filters do a good job of wicking the water. It's not a perfect set-up for heavy rain, but some sacrifices had to be made for aesthetics.

I'm sure they will, but I would prefer that people order a set from me.

ncologerojr said:
Thanks man. Me too! Haha

Btw I Going to be throwing down a challenge for you soon: make a 2014 cb500x fuel pump fit into a 1972 cb450 gas tank, lol!

ncologerojr said:
Thanks. The foam is a hd closed cell polyethylene ordered from McMaster.

Can you provide a link for this? I have been looking for some good seat pad foam for a while. Plus, I need to make an order from McMaster anyways.

Looks great, btw. Owner will be happy ;D

Love it...seat is hot and the offset stripes set off the tank/bike a treat. Subtle colour and details as well as a great stance add up to one very nice motorcickle....your customer should be very happy.

Jolly well done old chap.

adventurco said:
Can you provide a link for this? I have been looking for some good seat pad foam for a while. Plus, I need to make an order from McMaster anyways.

Looks great, btw. Owner will be happy ;D

Thanks.

I have had the foam on hand for a while, and honestly don't remember exactly which foams I used. I would order some small samples from McMaster and then pick which is best for your application. Honestly yoga mat is very similar, and cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom