CB125 b6 little caferacer from Portugal

BigBoss

Hello guys, as the title says this is a project about a little cb125 that had a lot of rust and dust.

I have this bike for 3 years now, i road it and had fun with it until i decided what i realy wanted to do with it.
So i spent the last one and a half years dismanteling, scrubing, cleaning, imagining, designing, cuting, painting and now finally assembling the bike back together.
1.jpg

To do List:
Refurbish the engine; DONE
Powder coat frame and other pieces; DONE
Make new and simpler electric harness; DONE
Change the front cable disc brake for an hydraulic one; Done
Change the front suspension for one from a cb250 to accommodate the hydraulic brake; Done
Buy new rear shocks; Done
Change the indicator lights, break light; DONE
Change the filters; Left the stock filters
Upholster the seat; DONE
and so on.....

Inspiration
honda-cb350.jpg

First stage: dismanteling
3.jpg

21.jpg

Next Step: send de engine for a refurbish at the mecanic, frame and other pieces for the sand blast.

The engine came from the mechanic.
It looks good.
4.jpg

Frame and other pieces came from the powder coating.
7.jpg

Tank and hubs are done, still to come the rims will be painted black.
9.jpg

Finished the Wheels, trimed and laced.
5.jpg

Here they are with the tires
6.jpg

The Engine is in the frame, now I have to fit the cb250 front suspention into the the frame, which will take some new bearings and spacers to center the wheel.
10.jpg

11.jpg

By the way, while waiting for the spacers to be made, i refurbished and gave a bit of paint to the carbs, still dont know if i'm leaving these in black or chrome.
8.jpg

Forca Portugal!

Good luck with the build! Looks like its going to be a fun little bike to blast around the small windy roads of Portugal in.

Back wheel fitted just fine with new sprockets front and back.
The seat is the same but reupholstered cafe racer style!!
Managed to fit the cb250 suspention, now it just needs the spacers to center the front wheel.
Also assembled the new drag bar, new light/winker/horn switch, brake and clutch levers, acelerator and front light. All fits well. ;D
13.jpg

22.jpg

So I decided to do the electrical part myself and it was very tricky(its my first).
After a lot of head bangging, specially with the blinkers everything is working just fine.
12.jpg

Electrical things still left to test is the charging system because i haven't started the bike for the first time yep(hope to do it next weekend).

Here is a picture of her todaay.
14.jpg

List to Finish:

New rear Shocks;
New exaust;
finish the rear and front fender;
finish the rearsets.

Hi all,

There's been a long time since i don't update this topic of my little cafe racer.
So, here's the update. The bike is 99% finished.

I'm just trying to fit in some brooks grips and give a final refurbish to the front forks, as one of them has some rust which will eventually screw with the oil seal, so i already got another set of 250 forks and i'm changing the oil and seals to these before install them.

Here is a small amateur video i made of the construction since it started and i'll find a professional photographer to take some good shoots of her when 100% finished.
15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

https://youtu.be/hT-Z3ay8oBU

hillsy said:
Is your battery good? Charging ok?

Yes, no problem.
The bike is still doing her first km's since the engine was rebuilt, but untill now there seems to be no issues with the charging system.
Why?

BigBoss said:
Yes, no problem.
The bike is still doing her first km's since the engine was rebuilt, but untill now there seems to be no issues with the charging system.
Why?

Sorry - lost in translation.

I thought you had a spark problem.

Back
Top Bottom