Kneeler Project

And here's the money shot :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    899.9 KB · Views: 296
My new frame has arrived from Scotland. It's quite substantial and with the addition of the side car I think it's going to make quite a rigid unit.
The forks are going to require a little work to fit a Honda taper stem and some spacers turn to go under the top yoke. Also a little work on the swinging arm spindle slots as the left was made larger to facilitate a sprocket/drive hold for rear wheel removal (because of the fully enclosed chain) maybe some bushing going on.
Looking at using the footrest mounts on the lower frame rails to bolt on a cross member spanning the full width of the side car. It looks like a bit of a gift. The reality is for road licensing purposes the frame must be totally unaltered from stock. So nothing can be added by metal fusion, however performed. But anything mechanically attached is just fine. There are no legal spec for side cars as they are viewed only as accesories and the onus is on the owner to ensure the design and construction is safe.
Am looking at about 4" ground clearance I would prefer 5" but don't think I can squeeze it out of the front end with out using over long front shocks and having quite a steep swinging arm angle.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    927.8 KB · Views: 270
grcamna5 said:
They have quite rigid regulations to use for the road,but that's what I'd aim for.
Not in the uk ..... They have to have some toe in and marker lights, indicators if they are fitted to the tug, must be of "sound construction" and fitted to the correct side I.e. the left. They can be fitted to the wrong side, i.e. the right, but there needs to be a good reason and your passenger is advised to wear nappies (diapers) or a butt plug.

It's gonna be ball scrappingly low.
Hooked up with my buddy today who has agreed to do the lathe work required to fit the leading links. I need to pick up some bearings first though.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 276
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 281
Green199 said:
Trying to talk yourself into buying it Steff? :p

It's not for sale, it's a concept bike on the air tech site. But the look is sweet.
Cd 175 tanks are now running at £100 - £150 and CB / CD seats are getting unobtainium because they have all rotted out. And as for mudguards, there is more chance of finding rocking horse pooh. Side panels are available tho. The Mohave tanks from India are not dear, although I don't know the quality, and vintage Honda racing seats are readily available. I love the sidecar wheel cover but I'm thinking mine will be rear exit as its for the road too.

I picked up a spares bike for the price of a CD tank, very chuffed, am thinking of using this engine too and putting it to CB specs, giving the 20hp I need, and no fuss with engine mounts or VOSA (licensing)

Hopefully by the end of tomorrow the leading links will have be converted to fit.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 285
grcamna5 said:
Nice 'find' Erskine. 8)

Yep, put a spurious bid on it on evilbay and won. Was a collect only and a bit out in the sticks for most people. However the 'out in the sticks was just over the hill for me :) will part it out and bankroll most of the build with the proceeds.

Well I'll be forked.
Leading links on. Grass track/speedway style .... Taper roller bearings, top'n'tailed with top hat bushes and skewered with a 9/16 engine block stud.
Also got the front wheel aligned with bushing and some XL125 handlebar clamps shortened and tapped m12.
Good forward progress :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    885.8 KB · Views: 281
Three into one wheel build.
Turned out the 16" CM 125 wheel wouldn't work with the CD drive alignment.
So I purchased a 16" alloy rim to match the front, used the CD hub and CM spokes and through the magic of mix'n'match slapped together this little puppy.
Am quite pleased with the achievement.
Small steps.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    466.2 KB · Views: 276
grcamna5 said:
Looks like a solid wheel build Erskine,I like your new avatar 8)

Cheers mate, it was pretty solid half way through building it, needs to be for the loads so I hope it's the business.

RE the Avatar, I dunno what gets reported over there, but we have some serious shit going down over here. The EU is hell bent on creating a new world order and we are being conned into giving up our sovereignty and our democracy. We've even had your president over here spouting off a ration of crap. If he stood up in congress and tried threatening you guys into giving up your independence he would be JFK'd before he even left the frikin stage. Thing is, we are a lynch pin, all the other European Countries have had a tits full of the unelected European Commission too. And if we get to leave, the whole master plan unravels.

Back
Top Bottom