1989 GSX-R750 Bikini Girl Poster Bike

Break Out Another Thousand.
Besides that boats are fun. I just realized that I will never be able to use it enough to get my money out of it.
Saltwater or fresh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

clem said:
Break Out Another Thousand.
Besides that boats are fun. I just realized that I will never be able to use it enough to get my money out of it.
Saltwater or fresh?

Its a freshwater boat, fish and ski. When I was a kid I had one part of my family that did alot of skiing and tubing, and another part of the family that did alot of fishing. I miss doing all that and want to do it with my kids. This boat is exactly what im looking for long enough with a big motor to be able to pull tubes, but still setup for great fishing. I think though im realizing it'll still be another 1.5-2 years before it'll get used much. So im leaning toward holding off and looking again maybe next year.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2047161225359243

That's a sweet boat. It'll definitely put smiles on kids faces cruising and tubing behind it. Whenever I feel bad about buying my boat, I just take it out on the water and quickly forget about all of that.

I think though im realizing it'll still be another 1.5-2 years before it'll get used much. So im leaning toward holding off and looking again maybe next year.
Wise words. I live on a sail boat and run a boat yard for a living. DO NOT buy a boat until you KNOW you will use it. B.O.A.T really does stand for Break Out Another Thousand. If it flies, floats or fu*^! pay as you go way cheaper and easier. If your friends do not have boats, rent one, surprisingly easy, ::)

Popeye SXM said:
Wise words. I live on a sail boat and run a boat yard for a living. DO NOT buy a boat until you KNOW you will use it. B.O.A.T really does stand for Break Out Another Thousand. If it flies, floats or fu*^! pay as you go way cheaper and easier. If your friends do not have boats, rent one, surprisingly easy, ::)

Whats with all this break out another thousand stuff. I know boats are going to break down some, and they dont like sitting, but arn't all of us here builders? Isn't this what we already deal with day in and day out with these old vintage bikes? Whats going to go wrong on a boat that is going to cost $1000 dollars unless im taking it to a marina to have it worked on every time? Do they really take more maintenance than these bikes?

Boats are high maintenance but the real problem is the word MARINE. Anything with that word attached will cost twice what it would in the rest of the world, except maybe in aviation Boats are a little like race bikes/ cars, you will spent way more time working on them than using them. That can be fun, although looking after the bottom of a boat is nasty

Its only if you want the biggest baddest everything, and salt water eats away everything thats not high grade stainless. I just got a boat for free, nada, zilch, nothing. And welded some stainless replacements for rusted out crap(which would have been expensive if bought) newly serviced engine and all. Cant complain since its gonna take me fishing and diving for years probably on zero dime budget.

datadavid said:
Its only if you want the biggest baddest everything, and salt water eats away everything thats not high grade stainless. I just got a boat for free, nada, zilch, nothing. And welded some stainless replacements for rusted out crap(which would have been expensive if bought) newly serviced engine and all. Cant complain since its gonna take me fishing and diving for years probably on zero dime budget.

I dont need biggest and baddest and it'll never see saltwater. I'll still get one, hopefully a Stratos 290, I think i'll just wait till next year. I will watch when october hits, might see something stupid cheap at end of season i'll snatch up.

Back
Top Bottom