1989 GSX-R750 Bikini Girl Poster Bike

TurdFurguson

Weird Indy Kid
DTT BOTM WINNER
Why not, we all loved them when we were young (or younger). Getting impossible to find the old Slingshot GSXR bikes and I wanted one, wanted one for along time. I also have a problem where I dont like buying bikes that cost money up front, but instead really like to buy cheap bikes that cost me a ton more in the long run. Added a couple fun pics here as well to keep us on all track and try to get everyone else into the dual round hot zone.

Thats where this girl comes in. You can see in first pic what it was advertised as. The bike was 4 hours away and the guy was actually coming into Indy the next day to see some family so I bought it sight unseen. He said that it ran but not well, he rebuilt the carbs and found that all the carbs had different jets so he sorted that out. It then had some electrical issues and he was done with it. Picked it up for $600 so I have some runway before im underwater, but i bet im going to need it all. When I got it into the garage I took a pic, thats how it was delivered.

The front fairing is trashed, the rest are pretty rough. Wiring harness is spliced in more places than I can count, starter button doesn't work, exhaust is welded together pieces of automotive pipe, I dropped it the first time I tried to move it and broke the starter cover, lots of other stuff wrong with it. Figured why not have another bike that drains my bank account and patients. I still need to change out the clutch on the RD, then its getting pulled off the lift and this is going on to start messing with it. Ive already ordered a couple of things that are hard to find, have been watching ebay and hitting up some facebook groups over the last couple months trying to piece some stuff.

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_4870.JPG
    IMG_4870.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 930
  • il_570xN.1079768586_m29n.jpg
    il_570xN.1079768586_m29n.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 928
JSJamboree said:
I also have a problem where I dont like buying bikes that cost money up front, but instead really like to buy cheap bikes that cost me a ton more in the long run.

Well this sounds vaguely familiar.

I'm always in for a GSXR

J-Rod10 said:
In.

I've got a 91 I'm just getting started on.

Awesome, do you have a thread on here? I really know nothing about them other than dual headlights are sexy as shit. Im sure this will be a SUPER slow thread but i'll do my best to keep it updated.

JSJamboree said:
On the bright side, im not the only idiot around here :)
I thought being an idiot was the only prerequisite for being here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Found this on the interwebs...

Attachments

• Suzuki-GSXR-750-Limited-Edition-Front-Left1.jpg
    Suzuki-GSXR-750-Limited-Edition-Front-Left1.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 370
Wire wheels look the business on that thing. Never thought they would

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JSJamboree said:
Awesome, do you have a thread on here? I really know nothing about them other than dual headlights are sexy as shit. Im sure this will be a SUPER slow thread but i'll do my best to keep it updated.
I haven't gotten anything done on it yet.

I need to get a different swingarm ordered, and build a fairing for it. I've gone back and forth on cutting the subframe off and welding one up, or not. I think I'm going to keep the stocker, and build a cafe-ish tail for it.

Back
Top Bottom