Bobber built a while ago, but never posted

djsaid78

SR..600.... "I love very simple things, practical and straight to the point. I wanted to create a bike that was clean and simple, sleek yet rugged, – reliable and fast.” Our first attempt at a so called "Brat Style".

Let me know what you think.

1977 SR500 to start:

7112740327_6ebbeccd34_b.jpg

7112740867_befa561c99_b.jpg

7112740563_45622bbcc8_b.jpg

7112741099_6bd83bbc67_b.jpg

6966664372_685261beb0_b.jpg

Did you see the kickstart compression release...lifesaver

Doesn't help when you're outta gas though

6966891512_35f841f6de_b.jpg

What's the scoop on the cylinders? I'm working on an SR500 also and have seen those before but never looked into them.

You really nailed the Bratstyle look. Many have tried, nearly none have succeeded.

Tim said:
What's the scoop on the cylinders? I'm working on an SR500 also and have seen those before but never looked into them.

Well what I had made was a knob by the cylinder instead of the lever action. It has the same action as the regular SR release just cleaner looking, and works like a charm.

Beauty, I rarely see a softtail with a fender done the way I like. This is executed perfectly. I'd love to do this with my bike.

So how much time with the TIG did it take to add on to all the cooling fins? :eek: That alone completely changes the look of the bike. Very, very nice work.

Independent said:
So how much time with the TIG did it take to add on to all the cooling fins? :eek: That alone completely changes the look of the bike. Very, very nice work.

Thanks for noticing! It took a little while, but worth it in the end. Mainly astetical but with the added cooling you can almost hold your hand there without a problem.

Fix said:
Beauty, I rarely see a softtail with a fender done the way I like. This is executed perfectly. I'd love to do this with my bike.

Thanks...It was a lot of work, but was well worth all the time and effort I think!

The ignition system is a Power Dynamo MZB purchased from Hoos Racing, I also used their 600 big bore kit and a Mega Torque cam. The bike weighs in at 282 pounds full of gas, a whole 1.75 gallons :) . Its a wheelie popping machine, just a blast to ride around town. I wished I had a dollar for every Hot Rod Harley I have drag raced for like a block or two and beat them and they pull up to me and ask ” What the heck is that thing” and I tell them, it’s just a old Yamaha..;).

Back
Top Bottom