Lurking with intent to loiter

Oh dear,

how many days until Christmas? ...................Daughters Uni fees due ..................... and this on German E-Bay, only 40 kms from my place in Saxony and 25 kms from my pal's house - oh yes and currently 400 euros with a day to go. ::) ::)

It IS silly cheap [ when I looked 3 hours ago ], but on the plus side, where we are in Germany is the former East and as such not vastly populated.

We'll see ............ 8)
KGrHqJioFBVGsVYnCBQiG119Q60_12-1.jpg

KGrHqJioFBVGsVYnCBQiG119Q60_12-1.jpg

1,450 euros it went for ... still cheap.

So I thought - no forget the Union outfit, do something with the BMW . then this came along.

The Black Widow by Putsch Racing. Omigod.

img214.jpg

blackwidow1.jpg

This month's mortgage will be bid on this one - 5 days to go ! 1930's - originally attached to a 1927 Rudge

KGrHqZloFCCP8tLUwBQoTOF5bng60_58.jpg

KGrHqZhwFBZ0QKtU3BQoTOb8JSw60_58.jpg

KGrHqNosFBG-9DQ8BQoTN9dUQ60_58.jpg

I believe THAT is the best shaped sidecar I have every laid my eyes on!
Has WWII fighter plane drop tank look to it.

droppedImage.png

Very good choice!

I have never seen one like it before......... it does have a very fluid shape to it. Problem it is now £160 but with 6 days to go. I'm sure it will go beyond my meagre budget.

Just shows they're out there though ! 8)

No not that far ahead ..........21.26 in the evening as we speak - LOADS of time yet for trawling forums and E-bay etc. !! 8)

It'll be quite a "late one" tonight as I just decided to crack a bottle of Glenn Morangie's finest. ;)

Nice choice in the whiskey, had a little of that myself on the weekend and a little Glen Levitt too. Hope you win the sidecar it is a great shape.

Maritime said:
Nice choice in the whiskey, had a little of that myself on the weekend and a little Glen Levitt too. Hope you win the sidecar it is a great shape.

Maritime, I ended up having a LOT of the Morangie ! One of those rare evenings kids all out - roaring open fire and chilled out with MrsB.

Then reality - that chair is galloping away from me - £600 with 4 days to go, I reckon it will top out well over a grand. Still a bargain in my eyes, but ........................

STOP PRESS ......... the £600 bid has dissappeared [?] and it's back to £228 ......hope yet

Identified - it's a Brooklands Meteor chair from the 1930's saw use in WW2 [ !!! ]

There was a modern replica made, but the company went bust. Has been bought out but can't find any details.

KGrHqJHJDQE92O7FilDBPo-J00utg_1.jpg

Imagine one of my pal's D Type Jag headfairings on the back !

KGrHqFhcE8nhvHWBPo-J0lmDQ_12.jpg

What do you reckon HD - this one a little OTT ?????

Sir Jack Brabham in one of the RAM D Types at the Innes Ireland Memorial Rally.

AC has moulds of ALL the variations of D Type - long nose , short nose, small headrest, headrest bolt on fin, fin, single cockpit. One of the Finned D's has a handprint faithfully lifted from one of the original LeMans race cars. This was from a mechanic pushing the car in the pits, and left the handprint in the alloy body panel. It was a mystery for 10 years, until I took a picture of a partly prepped body and realised what it was !

cars014-1.jpg

I thought about the the fin style at first myself... then like you said decided it was a littl too much. Can you imagine what a crosswind would be like with that sail mountedon the sidecar? :eek:
Neat bit of triva on that handprint! A real trophy if you ask me.
0412_06z+Jaguar_D_Type+Rear_Refueling_Pits_Le_Mans.jpg

yea - only kidding with the fin !!! There was a smaller fin on the very early D's. We actually modded that one to create a double headfairing for the Trophy Cobra. It looked the biz [ on the Cob ! ].

It would be the smaller one I'd use.

Re: the handprint - we did have a picture of a mechanic pushing the car with his hand in just about that position. I'll try to find that pic.

The amazing thing is that AC assumed it was a flaw in his mould, and even after producing many hundreds over the years - with his body guys faithfully surfacing the bad area - nobody realised what it was until the pic was taken - just the way the light fell.

Back
Top Bottom