80HWK - 80 CB400 Hawk Build

SimJen said:
Just standard mufflers as per: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=380503426966
just curious because my foot brake hits the pipe on the right side.

Carbs have now been rejetted and along with the mods described in my other thread http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=44575.msg494931#msg494931
I have increased sizes of jets to 115/130.
Hopefully I'll be doing a bit more riding once I get the bike registered and legal in the coming weeks.

Hey man, I just picked up this bike and I've been following your build closely to help with mine. Curious as to where you picked up materials to build your seat. Any info is much appreciated, thanks!

The seat was an Ebay item, as for the bracket underneath it, I just fabricated something out of 3mm mild steel flat bar.

So had a little trouble trying to get my bike legal in NZ without a front mudguard!
Recently I had replaced my front guard on my Ducati 996 with a better new type, so I had an old carbon front guard leftover that I thought would come in handy one day!
Cut an approx. shape out with a grinder, massaged it a little to fit on the standard bracket
888640_10200864155069894_1374972887_o.jpg

Once happy with the shape I decided to clear coat it, but I also added some of the metallic graphite that I used to paint the bike with, this way you can still see the carbon weave through it :) Looks pretty good I think
888072_10200864152989842_2006698352_o.jpg

I still need to wet sand and polish but it looks pretty good on the bike and is a little different than the norm....
887732_10200864150549781_168780965_o.jpg

looking good man, what kind if any exhaust gaskets did you use in between the muffler and pipes? Im having trouble finding one that is big enough to seal well, ive got a ton that are way too big as well.

Awesome build. I've gained some inspiration for mine after seeing the work you've done. I was wondering how the bike was running with the pod filters and shorty mufflers. I'm looking to do the same setup.

Hey from Australia,

Have just purchased one of these at well and looking for ideas for my upcoming build

Just wondering how you went going from pipes straight into mufflers?
I've read that without the collector box there can be a noticeable drop in power but want to do something similar to what you've done

thanks Matt

Back
Top Bottom