GL 1200 cafe-ish, rat-ish.

BigDave

Hello again, posted a pic of this the other day probably in the wrong place but got some better photos now so here you are, pretty standard really, not anything done to the motor, obvious bodywork changes and Fireblade front end. Hope you all like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 297
Sticking with raw metal for now. Stainless tank and back end and see how the frame goes, maybe have to coat it with something once it gets to a suitable state of corrosion!!! Which will not take long living next to the sea!!

Thanks for all the good comments. Yes Von Yinzer, the front tyre is very close to the rad but just misses on full compression of the forks. Very close!!

I'll say again, inspiring.

The pictures in the shop made it look lower, but out on the road it looks to have plenty of ground clearance.

So far all I see though is "look at my art project"...Can we get a ride report? Hows it stop, hows it ride, hows it handle at low speed, cruising speed, high speed, hows it feel in the turns, does it buck or sway, does it bite and fight through a corner, does it wander, is it twitchy is it slow blahblahblah :-X

Ha Ha! As soon as I know the answers to all those questions I'll be sure to let you know. I've only been out in poor conditions so far with brand new tyres on so difficult to tell how it handles. I'm pretty kean to find out myself!!! Not bad as an art project though eh??

Yes it is no doubt visually appealing. I've never seen anything quite like it and goldwings are trending as an option for customs. It may be quite the trendsetter here, if it handles better than stock. As long as you arent afraid of chassis tuning, there should be no problem getting there, from what I can see so far.

Back
Top Bottom