New Barn find... Kinda

Picture877.jpg

an old aircraft tool that works great- never seen a screw this would not loosen...added a bolt and grommets to make the handle..or you can buy them now adays i think they call them NUT busters...just make sure you have a solid backing or you can break damage parts with this or a handheld impact screwdriver........joe@vcycle

Don't have an air compressor and I have already got the stuck bolts and screws loose.

.....others may be interested in the information since i did not see any posts on this issue.
joe@ vcycle

Wheels unlaced and de-rusted. Now i have to de-rust the fenders and prep for paint.

Wanting to buy / trade for a cl175 or cl200 exhaust. Anyone got anything? Will also need a cl200 left side cover to go along with it.

Tank Cleaned and Creamed, Hoops and Fenders painted and drying. Will probably end up replacing the hoops and spokes, but for now just paint.

Tank Painted stage one. Going to paint a pinstripe and black stipe down the center.

Attachments

• IMG-20111215-00009.jpg
    IMG-20111215-00009.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 333
Had a few setbacks with painting the tank and am currently using the roller method as described elswhere on the forum. I have decide to take this bike more to a Brat than anything. Here is a rendering of the tank idea.

The Kanjii says "Very Small" or Midget.

Attachments

• tank pinup.jpg
    tank pinup.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 357
Day Two of Vacation. Not alot done, but trying to take my time and do it right. Spent most of the day trying to decide if the Euro bars were going to work out for me.

midge 040 by Crash13666, on Flickr

Going Foward in Reverse. Had to take it apart to do the wiring. Exhaust, chain and other minor dtails today and it should be done. :)

HELP!!!!!!

Left Side carb floats are hitting the bowl and not letting fuel in. Tried bending them a little (and I mean VERY little) to clear and they hit the housing them. Left side is fine, Any Suggestions?

Crash said:
HELP!!!!!!

Left Side carb floats are hitting the bowl and not letting fuel in. Tried bending them a little (and I mean VERY little) to clear and they hit the housing them. Left side is fine, Any Suggestions?

See here for a how-to on setting your floats: http://www.hondatwins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5341

Floats are set at 21mm. I switched bowls and all is good.

Now, I have an idle problem. Brass adjusters all the way in (no threads showing), idle screws at 4 rounds out, and idle mixture screw at alomost 2 rounds out and it wants to idle at 2800 rpms. No air leaks on manifolds (tested with carb cleaner) and cables routed the exact same way they came off.

Any Ideas?

Crash said:
Floats are set at 21mm. I switched bowls and all is good.

Now, I have an idle problem. Brass adjusters all the way in (no threads showing), idle screws at 4 rounds out, and idle mixture screw at alomost 2 rounds out and it wants to idle at 2800 rpms. No air leaks on manifolds (tested with carb cleaner) and cables routed the exact same way they came off.

Any Ideas?

If "4 rounds out" means that the screw is four full turns out, your carbs are likely dirty or clogged. You should be idling with the screws around 3/4 - 1 1/2 turns out.

If you're using the original cables you may find that when you put the tank back on it wiggled one of the sleeves out of the 2-into-1 doohickey; if you don't have Bill Lane's cb450 carb setup writeup, here it is: http://home.comcast.net/~tbpmusic6/carbsetup.pdf

This may also help you out:

http://www.hondatwins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1324

Had the slides in on the wrong side. Had the cutout facing the engine. All is good now.

Day 5 Pic. Still a little more to finish up. Wrap the pipes, wire headlight, and small details.

Attachments

• IMG-20120120-00030.jpg
    IMG-20120120-00030.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 337
Back
Top Bottom