Yamaha TX500 Parts

SpeedMetal

Hey guys, I signed up here a couple weeks ago, been meaning to post but haven't got around to it till now.

I'm rebuilding a '73 TX500 Yamaha that I pulled out of a shed. Needs a hell of a lot of work, especially considering the wanker that had it previous to the uncle that gave it to me decided to leave it out in the water for a while. Anyway, I got the bike for free to take it off his hands, and I thought it would be a good opportunity for a project with my old man before I move away. I don't want it to become just another piece of junk, so I seriously want to rebuild it (caferacer style obviously :p).

Anyway, just wanted to know if anybody could give me a hint as to where abouts I might get some parts? Swapmeets etc. are an obvious choice, but I'm thinking more online places that won't cost limbs and organs to pay for shipping to Australia. Even if theres any joints around Victoria that any locals may know about, it would be much appreciated. I'm mainly interested in engine/electronic parts, as cosmetic stuff isn't so hard to come by (universal bits and pieces plus interchangeable bits from other models make that pretty easy).

Thanks heaps in advance for any help you guys can give. If I can get things rolling I'll start posting pictures of our progress, but for the moment its just been stripped bare.

Back
Top Bottom