Need some help identifying these wheels please.

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
Picked these up from a friend a few years ago. Going to clean them up and run them on a project, but need to figure out what they're from so I can get the correct bits and pieces.

21" excel front, 18" rear.
Any of you MX folks know? Thanks!

be864a873de6d1e4aae338a1c8ab678e.jpg

6546b9443e4d15f2f1dac35087646270.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using DO THE TON mobile app

What bits do you need?

I'm guessing bearings, machine a sprocket offset bracket to line it up with the engine and some brake calipers? Maybe a 530 or 520 sprocket to match the front / chain setup?

You're going to plumb in a rear m/c etc or run with no rear brake?

Tim said:
What bits do you need?

I'm guessing bearings, machine a sprocket offset bracket to line it up with the engine and some brake calipers? Maybe a 530 or 520 sprocket to match the front / chain setup?

You're going to plumb in a rear m/c etc or run with no rear brake?

Bearings, calipers, new smaller more street friendly (and 520) sprocket. Rear axle, as it looks like it's the correct size for the frame so I'll just need to whip up some spacers and a hanger for the caliper.

The sprocket already lines up. Or I should say, it's close enough that just a few shims will get it to 100%.

Definitely running a rear brake. Will mount a small MX style master to the frame and modify the rear brake lever to wprk with it.

Throw some measurements up. They look like RM wheels, but they could be anything.

irk miller said:
Throw some measurements up. They look like RM wheels, but they could be anything.

I think they are RM. When I pull the bike back apart this weekend I'll get some good numbers.

Black hub = something from the eighties. Maybe very early 90's but MX got away from the black stuff until the metal mulisha was founded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

clem said:
Black hub = something from the eighties. Maybe very early 90's but MX got away from the black stuff until the metal mulisha was founded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

Both seem to be RM250 (thanks Irk). Front rotor looks mid 90s though. Same bolt pattern as an 80s hub?

Back
Top Bottom