Suzuki GN 125 front end swap with GN 250

Rozkrwawiacz

Is GN 250 front end directly interchangable with GN 125? I know that fork swap is rather hard because of different circumference, but if you can change whole front end, then it would be actually easy and cheap way to get better brakes and sturdier forks (maybe even some more travel, but of this I'm not sure).

I would imagine that the triples are a direct swap. You might need to look at the bearing sizes and make sure they are identical, but it is likely.
Are you going with a disc brake GN 250 front end? Or drum?

I can't seem to find it now, but I remember comparing bearing sizes and they were different. But I figured that maybe you can just slam 250's stem into 125 together with fitting bearings. If only stem length is the same and you can actually buy bearings in required size.
I would really like to avoid refitting 125's stem into 250's triple tree if possible, since press is not really part of standard garage equipment.

I am going with disc brake. I'm not sure if drums are even avaible in local aftermarket.
I was also wondering if brake calipers are interchangable, but doubt it more and more.

Back
Top Bottom