New to the board

That sucks....
Ask them who you supposedly sold it to...
And go give them some trouble...

Sweet bike by the way.

I'm hoping to be in Paris for the swap meet too - be there bright and early Saturday with luck.

Walms said:
Your name
Address
Best contact number
Your credit card number with the expiry and the 3 digits on the back. This is to charge you for each document that you need to show the police. Each document is $6.00 that is why it is best to go to the police first to find out exactly what you need.

Wow, that fucking blows! Whats even more sketchy is what they are asking for!

So here's what may have happened. Are you actually legit? Frame matches paperwork? Don't think motor vin's on those matched frame? I know some bikes do and a long sold motor gets used by someone down the line to register a frame that may be a bit suspect. I've seen that happen. Or someone slippped up on registering a bike, whether it be the ministry person or new owner and punched a wrong number in, maybe just hit a 6 instead of a 7. Barcodes weren't on ownerships 40 years ago.
Was previous owner a triple collector? may have sold another bike and just gave an "extra"ownership that was lying around forgetting that bike was sold, especially if you only bought a frame and parts.

Anyways, I am sure there is a legit or semi legit reason that has happened. Good luck with that. I too am going through shit with the same ministry. My car was gas and now is diesel. Never had a problem getting it e-tested as a diesel since 2008. All of a sudden , now their computer won't let it test as a diesel. They want a form filled out and a bunch of photos and the ownership.... all so they can take my $35 to look at my tailpipe and say yup, it ain't smoking

Anyways, we'll sling some beers on friday and curse the ministry

The motor and frame on Kawi triples never matched from the factory so that's a possible scenario. I agree, it was a screw up from the beginning on their part and it started last summer when I bought a new plate. The plate they gave me was never issued to my bike. The problem is when they called the head office the first time, the guy on the other end of the phone said that at that event when I purchased the new plate, on their end it says I returned my plate because the bike was sold... He says he has my signature on the ownership to prove it.
I said, produce this fucking document then! They're answer, sorry, not how it works... Contact the police. Wtf?
Anyway to make matters worse, I've been on the road for work all week so even getting to step 1 won't happen until the weekend.
Paris will be a blast regardless, see you Friday bud.

Hey, it's been a while... Well I managed to get my ownership issues out of the way even though it took until August 15th!!! It never stopped me from riding it though! Lol
Here's a pic with the new pipes.

Back
Top Bottom