CM bobber - Been "lurking in the closet" so it's time for the first post

mikeadamstattoo said:
a hardtail on THESE michigan roads....dang.that must be ROUGH. more power to ya though!

LOL, yeah, i have even hit hard enough on the KLR to jar my bones!

Bike looks gggrrrreeaaaatttt!!! I wanted to hardtail my cm anyway... now I realllyyy want to!!!

Well, work is F!@#$%^ busy! Been working 16 hour days for a couple weeks....where's the smiley face bashing his head against a wall ?¿?¿!!! So since last post, i have put the new chain on and thats about it...lol. Rolled her outta the shop today and let her get some sun in. Here are some photos.

Long ass chain. 130 links
longasschain.jpg

out front of my bay
outside.jpg

Getting some sun
inthesun.jpg

I appreciate all the positive feedback! Hope to get cranking on this thing soon. Just got my new 1980 xs1100 yesterday....will get a pic or 2 soon.

Safe riding,
Law

man!!!!!!
love this build....
was not sure on how to make a hard tail on my cb500, with out buying a kit. but now, i think i am set. i hav'nt seen any one do this before. not to say people don't use this method. to me it makes it look simple and very do able......
any way, looks killer can't wait to see the finished product.
later.

Are ya done yet? ;D

Have you gotten more done since your last post? I'm diggin it. I have a Hawk II in the garage that I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it.

Well....project is going slower than i wanted. Picked up my new xs11 last night, what a heavy monster. Since last post i have mounted my stop light with custom license plate bracket and mounted the rear fender via custom fab'd fender mounts. Coming together slowly. I really need to fab the rear brake lever (which i have been putting off due to exhaust clearance/design) and a batt. box. Once that is done, i can fab up my exhaust then finish my welding and grinding.....then off to PAINT!!!!!!! Got lots to polish and prep. Hoping to yank the motor out of the xs11 this weekend.......trans slips in 1st and 5th. Gotta split the case on that hog. One project after another. 70 degrees here today and i have 2 non-drivable motorcycles..... :'( Safe riding out there!

stoplight.jpg

stopfender.jpg

newassend.jpg

current33110.jpg

Dude, I love that fender! Are you planning on keeping the ridge a different color than the rest? It looks awesome in naked metal.

Dan

dcwp said:
Dude, I love that fender! Are you planning on keeping the ridge a different color than the rest? It looks awesome in naked metal.

Dan

I do plan on painting the ridge a different color than the rest. Thinking black fender, white ridge, gold pinstripe separating the two. I love the naked metal look also man. Kinda still shooting the idea around of leaving the frame naked after media blasting it. Unsure of how to clear it and how well it would stick to the metal. Probably just gonna get the frame powder coated black. Lots of cosmetic ideas running through my mind, just waiting till she takes full form to pick colors.

stylzracing said:
I do plan on painting the ridge a different color than the rest. Thinking black fender, white ridge, gold pinstripe separating the two. I love the naked metal look also man. Kinda still shooting the idea around of leaving the frame naked after media blasting it. Unsure of how to clear it and how well it would stick to the metal. Probably just gonna get the frame powder coated black. Lots of cosmetic ideas running through my mind, just waiting till she takes full form to pick colors.

Sounds cool. I don't know how you would protect all that metal if you wanted to keep it naked. Clear might be strong enough, but you'd probably want a lot of it.

The fender might look good in black with gray or rust brown or something. Black in white could be good, but might be a little too clean if you're trying to keep some of the bare metal edge.

Either way, it's turning out badass.

Wow, these 2 bikes are totally amazing.... I am so jealous. I hope that one day I can have some of your old bikes.
Happy cycling,
Owen. :) :) :)

owewi said:
Wow, these 2 bikes are totally amazing.... I am so jealous. I hope that one day I can have some of your old bikes.
Happy cycling,
Owen. :) :) :)

said the pupil to his sensei. When you putting picks of the ol' KZ up crusher?

stylzracing said:
said the pupil to his sensei. When you putting picks of the ol' KZ up crusher?

I'm afraid of intraweb postings and photos. I once heard when someone takes your photo, they steal your soul and you can never get it back unless your a native american. I am not a native american, just a regular american. :) :) :)
Happy cycling,
Owen

I went back an looked at the first pics and the way the tank flows into the frames rear down tube kicks ass. She's lookin' good. Great work man.

Back
Top Bottom