78 CB750K build

Was kinda hoping you'd scrapped it. You'd make a good deal on those CR's for a fellow DTT brother riiiiiiiight???

After over a year of this project collecting dust I have started it up again. Over the last few weeks I have been prepping the case for paint. I am painting the case, powdering the head, cylinder, and all covers.

Finished:

The tank is from a 74 CB750 but I am doing some slight modifications to try to make it a little different.

Fill hole from a modern sport bike

Lots of prep and fitting

I'm definitely not the best at tig on thin metal but overall it turned out pretty good, I'll have to grind the welds down still.

I finally found a buyer for this bike so it is now getting the attention that it needs. Sorry the pics aren't great, the sun was at a bad angle for these.

Steering stabilizer is ready to go

Upgraded to the Cycle X rear disk conversion, this is a pretty sweet set up from Ken

Got the Brembo rear master mount tacked to the frame

Oil tank is mounted

Next up will be a new electronics tray under the seat, final fitting for everything then take it all apart to de-tab the frame and send everything off to powder and paint!

So close to being ready for paint and powder, we are just trying to make sure we have all the final details complete.

Got the seat done this week

Electronics tray is now built and installed

We counter sunk the dual disks so we can stick with the stock length disk bolts and cross drilled both disks. Dual front calipers mocked up for proper fitment.

Roland757 said:
Got the seat done this week

Hey Roland. Did you make the pad for the seat (the thing for the upholstery to attach to). Yours is pretty close to what I'm trying to achieve and I was wondering how much smaller than the seat you made it (eg 10mm inside seat edges).

Yeah it is all hand made. There is the cowl and seat frame and then I made a seat pan for the upholstery to attach to. The leather part of the seat (seat pan) is easily removable so you can get to the electronics tray. I'm not sure what the reveal around the seat pan is, probably about 3/16".

We got the frame de-tabbed and the frame splice kit mocked up and almost ready for welding.

Back
Top Bottom