extra part

geepop

I don't know where to post this so it is here.
first I am a newbie.
I bought a 1970 cl350. before tagging I decided to "work" on it.
I started by taking off generator and clutch covers. I cleaned up the stator and flywheel. then I checked out the clutch cable workings. did not pay enough attention. as I was replacing the stator and cover I found a weird piece stuck to the flywheel. a 3 bearing round with 1 flat side. i know now what it is. I rushed to my online manual and discovered it went to the clutch. while putting it back together I found a steel ball laying on the floor. started to pitch it but decided to keep it for some reason. put the clutch together and remounted it and found I had no clutch tension. back to the manual. found out where it went. redone it and now have a clutch.
the problem is while cleaning up I found another steel ball. took the clutch back off to make sure but that ball was still there. where does this other ball go? I can't find it in the manual anywhere I took something off.
any ideas where it might go?
help!!!
I have taken the stator cover, the clutch cover, the forks apart to reseal them, and finally the oil filter cover off.

how many are there? there is one in the hole.
we are talking about where the clutch cable goes into the side case.
thanks

There are 4 bearings in the clutch cable actuator. 3 in the triangle (10) and 1 (21) in the center of the actuator (6), at the end of the actuator rod. Are you saying you have a fifth bearing? Did you take you kickstarter apart? The same size bearing as the center bearing on the actuator rod, with a spring, sits inside the kickstarter lever .

honda-cb350-super-sport-350-k2-usa-left-crankcase-cover-rearcover_bighu0028e4010_91b2.gif

It may be a P.O. problem. People do some weird stuff to these old bikes.

Back
Top Bottom