The Whack Shack (formerly known as The Aviary)

Re: The Aviary?

Or maybe a girl who knows how to use tools...

debbe-dunning-8.jpg

debbedunning7906123.jpg

195918d1246373524-debbe-dunning-various-bikinis-debbe_dunning_007p.jpg

And I decided to bite the bullet and move all 35 pedistals 12" over. This will take them 6" out of the servitude, and give me a "cushion".
It would've been easier to leapfrog the back row to the front, but I wouldn't have been happy with the shop being 4' closer to the house.

No shit! Pics of the finished shop are gonna be a let down :p

Here's a pic for reference. This is how far all the pedistals are being moved. Taken right after I moved all four corners and re-squared them.
utf-8BSU1BRzAxMTEuanBn-1.jpg

My brother and Father-in-law both mentioned just moving the front and back rows to where they need to be, and leave the middle rows where they are since they're really just extra support and don't absolutely need to be on the four foot center.
I considered it for about 30 seconds.
Then my CDO kicked in and said "There's no freakin way you're gonna leave that shit off center like that..." :eek:
So, I'm moving all 35 pedistals anyway :p
I got a little more than a row moved already. With the holiday weekend coming up, I should be back on track by Monday (fingers crossed).

Man that's stuff that drives me nuts too.

That's enough move to piss one off as well. GOOD LUCK!

Are you trying to build a shed or pitch tents with all of those pics? I actually have to tear down an old house this weekend on my wife's property. They do have some bits of cypress on it if you want a little old timey wood.

And I been killin deers too if you needs some hides to cover them! :p

clem said:
I actually have to tear down an old house this weekend on my wife's property. They do have some bits of cypress on it if you want a little old timey wood.
A plank big enough to put "Redbirds Garage' on it might be nice :D
Actually, now that I'm thinkin about it... how are the windows?

BCBarker said:
My back hurts thinking about moving all those!
What gets me is my fingers. You have to pick the blocks and pavers up with your finger tips before you can get a hand under them. After setting them all the first time, I would wake up in the AM and make a fist, and the knuckle crackin would sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies :)

Redbird said:
I would wake up in the AM and make a fist, and the knuckle crackin would sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies :)
Comes with age... you'll get used to it.
Then it gets worse. ;)

Ha! Yea, I'm learning :D

Making progress with the relocations. A little better than halfway done.
Sure is nice seeing this though...
utf-8BSU1BRzAxMTcuanBn-1.jpg

So far all but one has moved over and stayed level. It's just tedious work uncovering them now.

Job Foreman hard at work, as usual...
utf-8BSU1BRzAxMTYtMS5qcGc.jpg

He did get up long enough to make an inspection, and grade me on my progress...
utf-8BSU1BRzAxMTkuanBn.jpg

Ingrate ::) :p

The Aviary?

Redbird said:
Job Foreman hard at work, as usual...
utf-8BSU1BRzAxMTYtMS5qcGc.jpg

He did get up long enough to make an inspection, and grade me on my progress...
utf-8BSU1BRzAxMTkuanBn.jpg

He probably considers that your bonus.

Well everything is moved and squared back up.
utf-8BSU1BRzAxMjYuanBn.jpg

Back to puttin the wood to it ;)

And I even got approval from the Supervisor...
utf-8BSU1BRzAxMjUuanBn.jpg

I'm considering filing a sexual harassment claim. I mean, I don't mind a peck on the cheek. But I think the tongue was a bit much :eek:

Back
Top Bottom