XV920 "Short Bus"

Pretty much. I am going to be starting in on the paint here shortly.

Re: Re: XV920 "Short Bus"

Rich Ard said:
Pretty much. I am going to be starting in on the paint here shortly.

Well if you are going to paint when it's colder make sure you use the appropriate thinner for the colder Temps.

HA! HA!

Thanks, brad...forgot about that...he won't even know what color I really do paint it. hehehe

Temps have risen here a bit. First order of business was to pick up after myself. An unfortunate combination of subzero temps and ample work surfaces meant that I had used tools over the winter and then thrown them in the general direction of the garage.

3y8ezuse.jpg

Got down to it tonight. The new brakes have been cleaned and installed, and bled. This was tons of fun.

ybydy8y4.jpg

Worked a bit more on shaving the logos on the engine cases down to "HA" from YAMAHA. Need to finish the filler, prime and paint.

7utesata.jpg

I got new intake boots from xb33bsa - good and solid, but still 30 years old and not particularly rubbery. Time for an overnight soak.

5aru4u8u.jpg

And I've decided to file down the fins on the engine. I got this far before it became clear that it was about 20F again and now I'm inside by a fire, because that's ridiculous.

tunubu9y.jpg

I am still planning to sell this to fund and make space for another project - but I'm looking forward to riding it again first.

9ena5y2y.jpg

Need to skim it with JB weld again but the side covers are almost ready

Your project is turning into a Bradj Project...Interesting, and everlasting

Back
Top Bottom