Ya... This thing....Special just like Olympics

DesmoBro

Busted Nut
It all started with $20 that i paid for a broken snowblower
Fixed it and traded for an even more broken moped
Really should have kept the snowblower but i just couldnt let the guy sell it to someone that would be mean (heres a bicycle with an anvil attached kid have fun)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,393
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    936.4 KB · Views: 325
Re: Ya... This thing....

Unstuck the piston .... Cant wait to unleash all 25 mph when this weed whacker is finished

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 314
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 342
AW: Ya... This thing....Special just like Olympics

cant wait when u revvvvv that sucker!

google 'puch maxi',its an austrian moped that was legendary in the 70's and had great performance/design :)

So i had no idea BMX tires and tubes would fit on a moped but they do ...good thing too because i dont want to spend any money on this piece until it runs...which is my next issue its not getting spark...anyone know which cord i need to jiggle?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 325
Looking good Desmo. Not much to the electrics on that sort of thing. Just start at the coil and work back!

Also, what a bloody terrible spot for the carby. At least it has a dirty big front guard to keep bugs and dirt out some what.

AlphaDogChoppers said:
I would start with filing and burnishing the points. That's usually what causes an old engine to have no spark.

I will try this ... Fingers crossed

The effort and cash they put into these things around here (San Francisco area) is insane, I've seen some very cool looking mopeds cruising around though. Check out Moped Army for moped specific info.

Edit: Which has more horsepower, the bike or the blower?

After a complete lack of patience i bent the flywheel with the wrong puller ....ordered the puller...also trying to track down a 110-125cc lifan style motor(so i can toss this one off a bridge)..if time lends itself i may sandblast early while i wait for the puller

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 291
Thats neat..... i blasted half the fender

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    897.4 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 304
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 311
You sir are a brave man diving into this. I had a guy selling one of these for like $150 but everytime you would turn it over you could hear the piston going THUNK inside.

I walked away.

Last few pics before tear down, going to be relocating the tank mounts up higher. Also going to hack one of those mongoose walmart specials to bits and use a piece of aluminum pipe to run the new gas tank on , useing the rear rack as a starting point for a seat pan. Spark situation is sorted so this will be a runner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 303
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 302
Woah added bonus drink carrier....lots more fitting cutting grinding but the mountain bike is officially sacrificed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 314
Back
Top Bottom