Ya... This thing....Special just like Olympics

I had a hobbit last year traded it straight across for an xs360.....you could probably redo a hobbit in the time it takes for parts to come for the kz.....i might be saying that because ive been waiting a week now and the tank and it still isnt here

Gas tank came in ...i tossed it on checked it for spark ....good to go.....only one problem its not starting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 265
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 265
Cant get it running ....i must not be a real mechanic....must take apart again to obtain mechanic status....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    699.6 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    937.9 KB · Views: 277
don't worry about that head gasket.
Most mopeds have such low compression, that removing it will work similar to decking your head for higher comp.
Trust me.
Also, it is likely a fuel/air issue. make sure the pilot jet on the carb is clean. I like to run a guitar string through it.
If you are getting spark I would bet money the carb isnt all the way clean. if the pilot jet is not clear 100% it wont start.
If it ignites on starter fluid, then you know it is carb related.
good luck!

My plan is to make sure its timed correctly
Replace the 4 head bolts
New piston
New rings
New gaskets on the head
Unless that runs me over $100 then ill just grab a kit or a lifan motor

I'm telling you man, if you have spark you can get it to run for free!
Im such a cheap bastard, that's why I love the mopeds.

although I am thinking of dropping a big shifty engine in my moped chopper. also, im currently building a springer front end for it. maybe I will start a build thread here

You should probably search around www.mopedarmy.com for peds that share that motor then head over to treatland or 1977 mopeds. At this rate....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_kIUSr7-is

1977 and treatland is out of stock ive got like 3 posts looking for the thing ebay....nope....sent an email to myron....finding a moped piston is harder than paning for gold

I have a feeling after i buy it and put it in ill wish i had just got a kit for it....the thing with a kit is it comes in its all nice, shiny and you bolt it up and it needs a bigger carb and pipe first thing boom another $300 gone

After a few weeks on the moped forum looking for the piston with no luck ....i found a website that had it in stock so i ordered it....they ended up not having it .....but alas some kind chap from Moped warehouse emailed me saying they have it on the shelf and the price is the same as it was in 80s $44 for the wrist pin piston and rings.....his website went down from lack of orders but he is the only guy with like 10 of these left....i have dubbed him "The Moped God" respectively

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    806.5 KB · Views: 310
......piston is in....only prob is ...... After i cut my own gaskets.....put on the rings..... I realize the threads on the bolts are.....welll fucked.....trying to retap....trying tosave life......noguarantees........shitsfucked.....hashtagandshit.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    956.1 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg