RALEIGH NC DTT'rs

Great info! I figured the rural areas north of Raleigh would hold some good rides. I've been working a co-op in Creedmoor this semester so ive been commuting up there from Raleigh, and I can totally see some nice routes around the area. Just got my tires on my rebuilt wheels tonight...not much longer before shes all buttoned up and I can actually ride (knock on wood) instead of talking about it! cant wait!

Alright guys, I'm just going to pick a ride date for May 22nd. This way those who still have work to do on their bikes will have time to get them ready. We can do a 11 am meet in Raleigh (i'm thinking US1 and 540 at the abandoned Circuit City parking lot) and head north into VA through Hwy 96, stop for a rest, drink, and gas up in Clarksville VA and take hwy 15 back south towards Creedmoor (maybe stop for another break there) continue on hwy50 (creedmoor road) into Raleigh, the road will turn into Glennwood Ave hwy 70 all the way to downtown and a left at Edenton street and another quick left at Nwest street into HERE to close the day.
IMG_1267.jpg

Or here which is next door.
IMG_1268.jpg

Let me know who's in for the ride and we can start a head count.

Hey Guys,

New to the "club", and I purchased my first project bike this weekend. 1974 CB360. Likely, it will be a while before it is up and running.... might even need some technical advise / help along the way as well.

Might be down with the ride if you guys don't mind a monster-sized bike: Goldwing. My wife and I just started a motorcycle touring company, I had to sell my other bike for "seed money"

... Line

Welcome to DTT.
I don't mind nor I think anyone will mind you coming on a Goldwing. I just hope at least 6 people show up.

So far I guess it's:
Xulf13 (me) + 1 friend = 2
Linedrive1

Anyone else? Come on guys.

I dont see any reason why I can not make it then. Hopefully that will not change. I would imagine that Byrdman may be able to come out too...

He is a friend of mine who also is a member of this board. I forwarded this post to him, so maybe he will reply here if he is interested in making it out....

Hey guys,

I'd love to make it but my wife works until about 1pm on Saturdays and I get to hang out with the kids until that time. Definitely up for a ride sometime, so keep me posted if you decide on another one in future.

Byrd

Hmmm. 11am was just an idea. If 1:30 works best for everyone chime in. I don't want to deter anyone from coming. we might do 3 1/2 hours riding all together. if my math serves me right then we're looking at 150 Mile ride so we could be back in Downtown Raleigh easily by 5:30pm or so.

Hey Raleigh DTT'rs,

I'm just on the other side of the VA border and like Linedrive1, I picked up a CB360 this week for a cafe project. There seem to be a lot of these bikes out there. It will probably be a bit before it's up and running, and otherwise I am street bike-less right now, but I thought I would say "Hi."

Thanks for checking in supdrive, hope to meet you as well one of these days. I really like riding up to that area (VA border) it's awsome country out there. Just be sure to let us know when you're ready to ride so we can get together. The more the merrier. :p

If everyone doesn't mind waiting until 1:30pm I would definitely be in to tag along. Unfortunately I'll be on the CBR since none of my vintage stuff is currently up for a 150mile ride. That just gives me a reason to kick it up a notch and get some of these bikes completed for the next ride!

That's fine with me. I'm sure everyone else wont mind either.

So let's meet at 1:30 at the Circuit City parking lot on wakeforst road, right off capital blvd near I-540 and we'll take off from there.

This is the list so far.
Xulf13 (me) + 1 friend = 2
Linedrive1 = 1
Joe = 1
Byrdman + ?

Well at least that makes it 5 people so far.

To everyone else interested, please chime in so you can be counted and we don't leave without you.

The address I got closest to the circuit city was for On the Border mexican Grill" it is right next to the Circuit City (where we will meet )
3351 Cypress Plantation Trail
Raleigh, NC 27616-5178

Also, please feel free to call me at 919-Seven 2 Zero 1Five Nine Nine or PM me your number so we can keep in touch just in case.

I'd love to go on this ride, but my bike wont be legal by then even if it is up and running. working on getting the title currently, which could take who knows how long. I hope you guys have an awesome ride though!

-Aaron

amturbev said:
I'd love to go on this ride, but my bike wont be legal by then even if it is up and running. working on getting the title currently, which could take who knows how long. I hope you guys have an awesome ride though!

-Aaron

That's stinks Aaron, but hopefully you will get a title for the next ride. And I'm sure we there WILL be more rides after this one.

It looks like more rain this Saturday. But you all know how NC is. They say rain we get SUN ( I hope)

Obviously we will have to postpone the ride if it rains. So keep your eyes on the weather.

The weather men were wrong for the past two days and now they will be right in forecasting Rain for today. Can't deny there are clouds out there and I hear thunder and the sky is gray.

Well guys, unless the sky brightens up in the next few hours i think we can call off this ride until another two weeks or so. I will be out of town next week.

I was really looking forward to meeting some of you guys. :(

Sounds like a plan. I was looking forward to the ride today, but both of the Guzzi's are in need of rear tires. They are up for one more long ride for sure, but would be better off avoiding the rain on them. I was considering taking another bike if we went just incase a stray shower came up. Byrdman and I are both going out of town the weekend of June 12th to the British in the blueridge festival so we would not be able to make it then. Hope to work this out one of these days and in the meantime, it is time for me to get some tires on order......

I showed up at the spot anyhow to see if anyone showed up. I figured I ride since the day was just cloudy with a few sprinkles here and there. No one showed (didn't really sxpect anyone to do so anyhow, but was hopeful) So I rode around town and thru some country roads in Franklinton. Ate a few bugs on the way (yum) and called it a day. We will definetly have to make up for this ride. Mid June till the end of June I will be out of town again. So maybe something for July or we may be able to do something June 5th. Any takers? I hope you get some tires by then Joe.

sorry, i've been busy for a while and was out of town this past weekend anyway. but i should be in town for june 5th. was hoping to go to a cx500 weekend camping meet up but i don't think i'll have time to commit to a whole weekend. but i'm sure i can squeeze a one day ride in. i'm game at this point.

Back
Top Bottom