77 CB750f2 - Going the Distance

BCBarker

Coast to Coast
Last spring I picked up a 77 CB750 for a heck of a deal. Been gathering parts with the intension of building a long distance bike. Not necessarily cafe style. Comfort will take priority. Style is important, but if there come a choice between comfort and style, comfort will win. I have the 350f and the 350 twin for the around town short and stylish bikes.

Here she is the day I got her.

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

13k original miles. motor has never been Torn into. Came with the optional oil cooler.

Spent the last few days tearing into the carbs. Have them all clean. Time to re-assemble. :)

IMG_1988.JPG

The plan is to get it running, do a paint job, switch out parts and hopefully have it ready for spring. Ride it for a year or so watching the head for valve keeper failure while I rebuild a head for a swap out next winter.

Welp... Got a little time this evening to finally put the carbs back on the bike. Starts up easy with the choke on. Wants to idle, but needs a little fine tuning.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354673006.915155.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 225
That's roughly the shape my baby was n when picked her up. Mines an 81 though.

Cool bike man.

Thanks! It slow going, but progress is being made.... Still hoping for a Spring time first ride, but we will see.

I miss my F2, whilst it was not mechanically the best, it was comfortable on a long ride.

And when I was in the USA in July, I rode a beautiful F1 for a day through the Catskillls.

My own F2 was like this when I got it:

ebay3.jpg

And ended up like this.

61b34357.jpg

I designed the seat to carry two for a few hours ride, but the rear set and handlebar set up was not ideal.

I will be watching your build with interest.

Oh, and there is a good thread on the 'F's here - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=55178.0;topicseen

hows the build going? from the 804 as well and noticed your doing a very similar build as i am.

Slowly, but surely... I keep having house projects come up, and as anyone else will tell ya, if mama ain't happy, ain't no one happy! Also the little CL70 "back burner" project jumped the line and I got that running and stuff. But that it just waiting on the tank to get painted and its done. I'll be putting the 750 on the work table today. Pics later.

Where in the 804? I'm out in the west end.

nice! you will have to come to next months Biker's Brunch at Poes Pub. 2nd sunday of each month. It may be warm by then!

On another note: Took a little time today to clean up the shop and put the 750F on the chopping block. Maybe by late spring it will be ridable!.. the valves are leaking oil, but I want to put some miles on it before I decide to deal with it. more to come. Maybe even a rendering of the idea...

IMG_2620.JPG

Definitely will need to check that out!

not too shabby...i found a 78 750f at pro class cycles sitting in the back, missing a motor so that's my main issue. either way yours is still more complete than mine.

Back
Top Bottom