357 kaw triple special

650hardtail

Been Around the Block
350 s2 body set, h1 500 frame, 750 h2 powered, working on sourcing fzr for suspension.
but here I am early in mock up.

You should just swap your motor into that fzr and replace the body work

I did some looking around and found a chunk of rolling kick ass

Attachments

• mikes_zx7_h2_05.jpg
    mikes_zx7_h2_05.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 613
  • mikes_zx7_h2_01.jpg
    mikes_zx7_h2_01.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 260
bradj said:
You should just swap your motor into that fzr and replace the body work

that could be possible.. kinda think getting the title is out of the question though..still a viable option to consider

What year is the fzr
you will never make that bend in the middle kaw frame handle half as good as the fzr roller and once you make the engine fit your 85% finished

There's a lot of badness floating around this thread. Put the engine in the fzr and go demoralize some people. Looks like you already have a couple of nice triples. :)

with tapered head bearings and denco frame bracing there should be no issues.. plus I want to keep it titled as a 72

Little trick I learned locally- cut the section of the neck out of the titled frame that has the numbers stamped in it, and weld it on top of the numbers on the other frame. Bam! FZR titled as a 72 Kawasaki.
A little grey, but the cops actually applauded my ingenuity when I did it...

Looks like an FZR600 frame? I have one, could be wrong though. I wouldn't waste my time swapping the engine in that. Now if you could find an FZR400RR frame to swap it in...yes. The steel frame on the 600s is a known shortcoming on those bikes. I'm looking to build a 400 frame R6 swing arm and fork with an FZR600 engine with a YZF600 top end which makes it a 660 and easily gets over 100hp.

Anyway...love 2 strokes and these old triples and I'll be following.

Lookin good six fiddy! She will handle just fine! These other guys shouldn't always believe what they read.... :D

Bryantr, that is in no way an FZR frame. FZRs- both 600 and 400- have beam-type frames, the difference is steel versus aluminum, but you'd have to be an expert to see the differee at a glance. That loks like the original frame with FZR suspension and wheels. And the 660 you refer to is an Early YZF600 motor with an FZR600 crank, not a YZF topend on an FZR.

Back
Top Bottom