CB360 vacuum slide spring length?

kosmjon

Been Around the Block
Does anyone happen to know the nominal free length of the spring that helps to push the vacuum slide back down in a CB360 754a carb?
I think mind has been stretched as I can heard the slide snap back down rapidly as I let off the throttle. I would imagine it should come down more gently than that, correct? (at such that you cannot actually hear it.) Does 6-inches sound about right?

No, 6 is not right. Approx 5 - 5 1/4 inches.

BTW...how is it running at 6 inches? And if you replace them w another pair of springs DONT toss them in the trash...Ill pay shipping if you send em to me.

Just looking at your other recent post, did you get the slides back in the correct way? That might be why you are hearing them snap.

Trek I don't know the exact spec on spring length, both my spares are 5.25" just to add to that. I did some looking in the manual its not anywhere a quick look can see it.

I measured my 6 springs and asked PJ to measure his 6. They all measured tween 5 - 5.25".

I figured that was a pretty decent average. And so if you also got 5.25". Then thats good enough for me.

Would be interesting to see what would happen if you did stick ones that had been stretched an inch in and go for a ride. Might help with the JBM diaphragms not making things heavy enough.

Back
Top Bottom