71 Triumph T100c

jeff4uk

Been Around the Block
This was one of those times when you go to look at somthing and come away with somthing diffrent, I went to Andy T;s to look at a 58 triumph T6 and as i got there Jo was pulling this out the van (they had only just got it) i looked at the T6 and looked at this T100c and said ill have that one, so job done this is it on that night
IMAG0081.jpg

My intentions are to restore it to a good standerd but i do want to ride it ,park it at the shops and not freek out about it getting wet and it will here in the UK.
Ill post more pics as and when i can,
I am after a set of exhaust;s that it had in the begining Hi level left side if any one can help thet would be great

Got the bike home now,there;s not much tool marking on the engine so that;s good,It runns sweet no smoke,noise
P1010853.jpg

P1010845.jpg

P1010844.jpg

P1010839.jpg

Im having problems with photbucket it;s taking age;s to upload so ill put more on later

Thanks Dale ,Ya i was well stoked when i saw it, Hope to spend some time on it this weekend, its been off the road for about two years so i just want to check it over
I want to vapour blast the rocker covers, inlet manifold and the head, clean and paint the jugs, ultra sonic clean the carbs fit new jets ect, polish and clean the engine,
as for the rest of the bike ill just go through it clean and re-commition it ,Its winter now in the UK so theres no rush mid march will be good to be on the road,
Ill post more pics at the weekend (if photobucket it working!!!)

Thanks HD ,I cant beleeeeeeve how cheep you got that 67 BSA man ,Here in the UK that would have been £2,500 min
Ill be watching

So you're going to get it functionally sound, and then just polish it up, keeping its original paint, and patina.
I would say this is definitely the right way to go.
Unless its a basket case, or someone has "restored" it (badly) already, you want to preserve the integrity and history of the machine.

Ya thats the plan at this point, but you know what its like once you start these things !!!

Dale just read your projects, Man there well good really Hi end build ,love the paint on the V50

Yea, I'll probably roast in hell for taking advantage of a widow selling her decesed husbands bike. But since it is such a hodge-podge of model / year A-65's I think I did alright.
I remember early on you were looking for a Brit bike yourself, glad you found such a nice example.

started on the engine today, rocker covers,head and inlet will be vapour blasted next week
P1010873.jpg

P1010863.jpg

P1010859.jpg

P1010877.jpg

P1010878.jpg

The carb is being ultra sonicly cleaned tomorrow !!! Thanks to chris self garage (Just down the road from me)
P1010861.jpg

P1010862.jpg

Im not suprised theres a lot fo carbon in the head, The air fillter was clogged with all sorts of stuff !!!
carb has wrong jets ect,
when i took off the side panel i found this
P1010864.jpg

P1010865.jpg

P1010867.jpg

something was living there at some point!!!

On looking at the con-rods these look new to me as there is no makings or burning on them,barrols are clean to
P1010882.jpg

positive earth!!! thanks for the reminder under the seat
P1010872.jpg

Ya thanks guys, removed the rockers and the valves ect today ready for blasting next week, and cleaned up the engine
P1010887.jpg

P1010888.jpg

P1010889.jpg

man that inlet valve was so bad!!!!!!
Iv put the carb in for cleaning so will pick that up after work

Got the carbs back today, Well pleased with them, Not bad for 42 year old carbs !!!!

Before
P1010861.jpg

After

P1010895.jpg

P1010896.jpg
photobucket.com/albums/ae250/flatron52/P1010894.jpg[/IMG]
P1010897.jpg

Back
Top Bottom