How to identify a 1980's honda 750cc nighthawk, and useful tips for 1st project.

Juanhdz3rd

Hello everyone! I recently started my very first restoration project, for my individual SkillzUSA project, on what I believe is a 1982 Honda 750cc nighthawk. I'm aware that there are many models to the series, and I was very curious if anyone could help me pinpoint what year, make and model it is exactly.
Also, because this is my first project, and my mechanical background is little to none, I would deeply appreciate any guidance towards a few reliable websites that could help with aquiring the right parts, teaching proper ways to restore individual parts and bigger systems of parts, and lastly a site or resource that could help with identifying what is wrong with different components and how to find those problems.
A little background on the bike would be that the bike has been in storage for at least 15 years, and it was last registered in 1995. It has a decent amount of natural damage from sitting these past years, the brakes are completely gone (not working), it needs a new battery along with plenty of work on the electrical system I'm sure, it needs new suspensions, tires, turn signals, speedometer and tactometer needles. It will potentially need new carburetors, work on the engine and the most important thing for now is obtaining a key. The owner has a few places left to look but we're also going to be in contact with a local locksmith who may be able to help us out. I'm sure there's plenty more things we've yet to find wrong with it, but this is just a general idea of what I was able to get from it the last few days.
Any how, I just want to say thank you all now for your time and consideration and I hope to hear back.

Here's what I got.

Attachments

• 20151020_114830.jpg
    20151020_114830.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 272
  • 20151020_114728.jpg
    20151020_114728.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 283
  • 20151020_115227.jpg
    20151020_115227.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 325
that is a 82

pull the ignition lock out there is a set of numbers on the barrel

you can see if your lock smith has the honda cutter and guide or

call jim here

https://www.allmotorcyclekeys.com/

give him the code and he will send you a key for about 12 bucks

Awesome, I appreciate it! We were planning to get into the ignition system to get that code if the owner can't find it.(we find out tomorrow, we're trying the last few keys) Thanks for the site too, that may come in handy!

Kust a note that it isn't a Nighthawk, it is a CB750F Supersport. That is the best of the DOHC CB750s

ex119x said:
Kust a note that it isn't a Nighthawk, it is a CB750F Supersport. That is the best of the DOHC CB750s

I don't know about that... ;)

Gary_700S(large).jpg

I'm referring to the Canadian version of course.

Back
Top Bottom