Suzuki GN400 Scrambler/Cafe Hybrid

Been away from DTT too long and I'm just catching up now... love that exhaust!

Not sure if you've had ceramic coating before or not but I reckon you're gonna love it!

I've got it on my GS450's pipe and it's awesome, don't even know it's running under my ankle...

The only downside is that it's not as tough a finish as chrome, so you need to keep at it with the polish or it will start to show up bits of corrosion etc. and won't look as good as it should.

I just use Mothers aluminium and mag polish and it keeps it looking great even though it's a daily rider :)

Thanks for the welcome back hahahaha...

Mate that pipe's nice, any particular reason you want it in stainless? I would think once it's coated properly as long as you keep it moisture free internally it should last.

Or are you hoping to get a stainless made and not coat it at all?

Awesome chain tensioner. I sure do envy your skills and shop, giving you the ability to fab up parts. And that exhaust is looking good. I'm a function over form kinda guy, which makes me love your bike.

Mister, I have to say I've been following this thread for quite some time now and you are doing some phenomenal work. Kudos to you sir!

And that's a damn shame about that tree incident btw..........

misteroddjob said:
Thanks.
Function and form are equally important to me.
I went to school for Industrial Design.
Great design does its job efficiently and beautifully.
That's what I hope to achieve with this bike.

I hear that sir. Looks like you'll make it in time for Barber! Can't wait to see that bike and be amazed by your handiwork. :) You must have a nice setup in your shop to be able to do some of the stuff you've been doing. Great work, as usual!

Wow, but my guess is that since you are a designer, you're pretty well organized. Great to hear about your progress. Looking forward to seeing it at the show!

misteroddjob said:
I can't work if its not organized.
Some people can drop a tool in a pile and know exactly where it is.
I drop a tool on an empty workbench and forget where I put it.

I'm the same way. I can loose a tool in less than 30 seconds if I'm not paying attention. Drive's me nuts.

misteroddjob said:
I can't work if its not organized.
Some people can drop a tool in a pile and know exactly where it is.
I drop a tool on an empty workbench and forget where I put it.

+1 ;D

misteroddjob said:
Thanks for the kudos.
Was that your GR650 I saw at Barber last year?

If you saw ANY GR650 at Barbers last year, was probably me. I'll be there again this year as well.

Your foot wont hit them when kicking it over to start? I always kick my bags when i kick it over to start it.

Two weeks and counting! Crunch time now. Crap, if you get done in two weeks then you've beaten me! It's going to take longer than that for my painting. :(

Mate that's awesome! Love the rack and saddlebags... have pondered hard/removable bags for mine in place of the throwover Oxford ones I'm using to commute to work and back every day.

I think that removable rack idea is excellent and I may decide to revisit this at some point... I have to use bungee cords to keep the throwovers in place and it gets to be a PITA taking them on and off all the time...

Good looking racks! Everytime I check back on your build you've gone and done something amazing! I'm sure you'll get the wiring and seat done in no time!

misteroddjob said:
I hear ya. The only thing I bungee anymore is the sleeping bag and tent.
Originally I was going to use throwovers as well, but then I remembered I had a spare pair of Hepco-Becker hoops.
I remembered that the Ortlieb saddlebags had a quick release system that might work with the H-B hoops; did some internet research and the dimensions looked good that they'd play nice together.
It really is a great system with the Ortlieb bags; you literally pull up on the handle and it releases at the same time.
They come off in 3 seconds and go in 5.
Hepco-Becker probably makes a rack for your bike that you bolt on, or buy the bare hoops and do it yourself like I did.

It's certainly food for thought... although no off the shelf rack will work with my pipe which is the biggest problem with it all.

However, pipe benders can be had reasonably cheaply now and I'm not averse to making something from scratch...

Might give it some more thought after I've built my shed and got the little Duc done... before I start thinking about buying my dream bike 8)

This might interest you Pete:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577347

Back
Top Bottom