1975 CB360

Got the horn in, and on the bike. It works! Huzzah. It's kind of a weird horn though, real buzzer-ish. Off to get it inspected whenever this dang ice melts.

I also made a bracket for my mirror which will get me through inspection, but I think I'd like to get a nice pair of clutch and front brake levers with mounts for mirrors integrated into it so it doesn't look all goofy. Anyone know of any decent ones?

Also,
trek97 said:
I like it and I vote keep the tank as is. But yes, add front and rear fenders & mufflers. its a cool little machine.
The air filters look a little sketchy...is that unifilter foam stretched over...what?

It appears to be foam over a sturdy spring with a foam... plug or whatever inside. Seems to be doing a decent job so far, it kept all the dirt and mud and muck out while it was ridden off road.

Justinmillerish said:
Also,
It appears to be foam over a sturdy spring with a foam... plug or whatever inside. Seems to be doing a decent job so far, it kept all the dirt and mud and muck out while it was ridden off road.

Sounds like you got Uni-filters w Uni-filter bulk foam protecting them. So, yes keep them they are fine filters. When they get dirty you can wash them out and oil them up. Good to go.

I dig it.. :D A friend and I are working on a CB360 now and I will have to show him your bike, I'm sure he will flip over it. Might have to cop some of the vibe.

Welp, my plans to get the bike inspected then registered on my day off yesterday were shot to hell with this snow/ice business in DFW. That's frustrating. Almost as frustrating as someone throwing a snowball through the plastic tape covering the broken window on my car getting a shitload of snow in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justinmillerish said:
Welp, my plans to get the bike inspected then registered on my day off yesterday were shot to hell with this snow/ice business in DFW. That's frustrating. Almost as frustrating as someone throwing a snowball through the plastic tape covering the broken window on my car getting a shitload of snow in the back.

Looks like Monday or Tuesday is your day to get inspected. Crazy TX winter.

I'm, reasonably certain that you don't need mirrors to pass inspection in TX. The license plate law is pretty vague too. It simply has to be visible from 45 feet away.The law says nothing about orientation. Ultimately, the bike has to stop, and have a horn, functioning head, tail,license plate and brake lights and tires that aren't bald. If the bike has turn signals, they have to work. That's it.
Also, starting in March, they are doing away with inspection decals. So, no need to find a place to put that anymore.

Welp I went and got it done this morning. I had a blast. Yeah remind me to think twice before riding around an already usually slick parking lot that's been soaking in freezing water for a week with tires that are a little bit hard. I didn't go down but my ego did, looked like an idiot trying to get it back under control and not hit a parked car. Felt like an idiot for not even thinking about how bad of an idea that was even trying to ride it into the shop in those conditions.

You do need at least one mirror to pass. You also apparently need a red rear reflector. Like the shit that comes on bicycles so cars don't hit you. Had to run to walmart mid inspection because I didn't have it. Pretty sure it flew off when I trailered it home anyway. Also had to start it up ten times so the guy could check the horn and lights and stuff. That felt great because I stubbed my toe so hard last night I think I broke it. But I'm just complaining now, and the worst is almost over because it passed and I just need to hit the dmv. Maybe I'll get some new tires put on it too haha. Definitely will do that. Almost eating pavement was not fun.

1975 CB360

Well I never imagined in my wildest dreams that getting a rebuilt brand on an out of state salvage title would take me a grand total of twenty minutes in the dmv. I'm registered though! Next step is figuring out the jetting so it doesn't run so rich and deciding if I want to go to a machine shop to get the front plate done or if I want to do it myself.

Edit: also, tires. Gotta get some new tires.

1975 CB360

So I bought one of those handlebar mounts for your phone so I can use it as a speedometer. Been putting around a bit now that I have that, however sometimes I can't see the screen because it's so dang bright outside. This makes me want to put a conventional speedometer on it. I run into an issue here though, the front wheel (it's from a 1972 Yamaha R5) seems to have a plug in the speedo cable slot and I'm not sure how to get it out because there's nothing to grab onto. I'll attach a picture of what I'm talking about in a moment. Hoping that I don't have to take the wheel off to get it out, but if I do it's not that big of a deal, I suppose.

Also, my girlfriend informed me that apparently there is a cnc router at my university that her boss told her that she should have access to, so depending on whether or not it's set up for metal or for wood I may have found the place where I can get a new front plate made.
9a8bc1d72763b65dd523e33d12ef9ce9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom