Constructed Vehicle INsurance

CharlieT

I remember the days before there was dirt.
Well, the gentleman from the DMV came by the shop yesterday, did the final inspection and affixed a state issued VIN plate to the Mongrel and handed me a title for a street-legal motorcycle. Yahoo!!

10325626_10102938219820842_312258739374834102_n.jpg

Now all that's left is to get it insured and then go and get a plate for it.

Anyone have any luck/experience getting a "constructed" vehicle insurance policy? Any recommendations?

Charlie since you posted a picture of the bike, no one will be able to answer your question as they will get hung up on looking at the bike. Maybe take the pic down and repost the question. ;)

clem said:
Charlie since you posted a picture of the bike, no one will be able to answer your question as they will get hung up on looking at the bike. Maybe take the pic down and repost the question. ;)
He asked a question? haha Great tank and i love the front brake. No idea on the insurance though.

So you're saying its like posting a pic of a half-naked hot girl on a bike....and no one even notices the bike?

Fischer Specialty Insurance, in Scottsdale , Az. They insure my full custom bike with no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marcross1009 said:
How bout a rundown on that bike it looks bad ass

Originally a 1985 Honda ATC 250r. Removed rear axle assembly & subframe. Fitted a F2 gen CBR600R complete swingarm assembly. Rear shock is from a 1987 Yamaha SRX250. Cut off steering neck, changed the rake and installed a new steering neck to accept a Buell 900XB front end. Wheelbase, rake now match my sons Aprilia Falco. Gas tank is from a Honda CM400C. Seat was custom made by Ian @ Cafe Racer Seat and Tank. Radiators are aluminum units from a 2002 Honda CRF450. Headlight is off a CB360. Brackets and mounts were all made inhouse. Paint work also done inhouse with a paint scheme similar to Bubba Shoberts RS750. Engine ported for flattrack racing originally, currently running around a 15:1 compression, V-force reeds, 39mm PWK, and an FMF pipe which was modified to exit under seat. WHen last dyno'd a number of yeara ago, it was putting out around 55 RWHP. Wet weight, half a tank of pre-mix race fuel is right around 240-245lbs.

https://youtu.be/I3J7LO79CwQ

Seanpd said:
Fischer Specialty Insurance, in Scottsdale , Az. They insure my full custom bike with no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THanks...filed out there online application, will see what they say.

I followed this thing being built on ADVRider and it is by far one of the coolest bikes I've ever saw. I sooo want to build one out of one of my ATC250Rs since seeing it!

Will likely bring it now that it's titled and officially street-legal. It would be the "extra" bike for short jaunts. That race engine guzzles the fuel and it needs 110 octane premix, so we would have to haul its fuel along with us. But it would be a blast on some of those backroad twisties. 8)

Back
Top Bottom