Anyone try cheap alloy rims?

cardinal

Been Around the Block
I'm thinking about changing my stock hoops on my CB450 (project) and was having a tough time swallowing the $500+ for rims from Buchanan, though I'm sure they are great. I found these on ebay for a lot less and am tempted to give them a shot. Wondering if anyone here has had experience with cheaper Chinese rims.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.56.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.56.55 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 237
Check MikesXS - I’ve used their alloy rims to 120mph and am still here.

Those look like another good option, but unfortunately I have Honda 40h front and rear and want to keep my hubs.

Try
Wichanchai Boonsang <wboonsang@yahoo.com> Supplies Racing Boy rims from Thailand. I've had good results to 110 MPH.

This has been gone through before, the best quality get sent to Europe so Boranni can finish them and stamp as 'originals', Buchanann's get about same quality or maybe better? Mikes XS and others are at lower price point and the rest end up on ebay. (SUN, DID, etc make their own rims, better quality control, more expensive product) They are all pretty good it's just the cheaper ones are more difficult to true up and usually don't have such a good finish. The butt weld may be over ground causing a hollow, etc. Sometimes it's just over production so you could get really good rims cheap but even the 'bad' ones are fine for general use and look good when fitted

Back
Top Bottom