Please Help: I want to write about YOU! (quick survey questions)

adri

Sometimes I sits & I thinks, sometimes I just sits
Hey guys,
I'm looking to write a little blurb about Do The Ton on my site (youmotorcycle.com. Maybe you could help me? I'm looking for answers to the following questions, to compile and share with readers, all about DTT.

Please answer!

[list type=decimal]
[*]A Do The Ton motorcycle is ...?
[*]A Do The Ton rider is ...?
[*]Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris?
[*]The best thing about a Do The Ton motorcycle is ...
[*]The best thing about a Do The Ton rider is ...
[*]Easter Bunny or Energizer Bunny?
[*]If a Do The Ton rider's project was in a barn, along with his/her significant other, and the barn was on fire, and he/she only had to time to rescue either the project, or the significant other, which one would be rescued?
[*]Same question, but with a finished project this time, which one would be rescued?
[*]Pickle or no pickle?
[*]A Do The Ton Rider's 5 Favorite Manufacturers, of all time, in order, are...
[/list]

Would really appreciate some replies so I can write a blog post about DTT. Thanks in advance guys and gals :)

1. Something handcrafted and loved. A machine built for speed by stripping away all the unnecessary garbage.
2. Someone who has a passion for speed and knows how to turn a wrench, and for the really committed, a leather jacket covered in patches that actually have meaning.
3. Chuck Norris
4. they are all special, no resemblance to the original factory.
5. They know how to turn a wrench and make something that most people can't.
6. Easter Bunny
7. If the bike is really rare...... but yeah the girl.... totally save her....
8. Throw her on back and ride out like Hell's Angels!
9. No Pickle?......
10. Norton, Honda, Triumph, BMW, Indian (My Personal list, i doubt anyone would agree ::)...)

[list type=decimal]
[*]A bike built to be a personalised effort by the owner and their friends, which contains many hours of sweat, love and passion and even more hours of thought, planning and discussion amongst a worldwide group of peers and friends.
[*]Someone who has a passion for their riding and talking about their bikes and other's whether it be a restored gem, a cafe'd or bobbed masterpiece or a ratted out half complete project.
[*]Bruce Lee is dead, Chuck Norris is immortal. 'Nuf said.
[*]The hours and hours of time and effort evident in every nut, bolt, screw or part.
[*]We're all as equally raving mad with stupidity over our bikes. Noone else will listen to us babbling about it for hours, hence we come here.
[*]Energizer bunny. The dude's a drummer. Legendary.
[*]The significant other for the simple reason that I'm lucky enough that my significant other would understand my grief at the loss of my two wheeled children and would be supportive enough to allow me to start it all again. A bike is rebuildable but a significant other like that isn't.
[*]As above
[*]Um.... er.... huh? Pickles are alright... I guess
[*]Honda, Moto Guzzi, Triumph, Vincent (or any incarnation therof), Brough Superior
[/list]

1. Whatever it takes to feed the addiction.
2. Not a reasonable person.
3. Bruce Lee (the one-inch punch!)
4. The personal satisfaction and feeling of achievement.
5. Their enthusiasm.
6. Easter Bunny (chocolate!!)
7. The project - my significant other is certainly capable of rescuing herself.
8. My project has a pillion seat, so no problem.
9. NO pickles.
10. Yamaha, Yamaha, Kawasaki (triples), Ducati, BSA.

Please answer!

1. A Do The Ton motorcycle is ...? Built by hand, in your garage, not bought.
2. A Do The Ton rider is ...? A poor bloke with more heart and soul than money.
3. Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris? Norris has the power stache, duh.
4. The best thing about a Do The Ton motorcycle is ... it was saved from scrap metal.
5. The best thing about a Do The Ton rider is ... we like bacon?
6. Easter Bunny or Energizer Bunny? Easter bunny is pimp!
7. If a Do The Ton rider's project was in a barn, along with his/her significant other, and the barn was on fire, and he/she only had to time to rescue either the project, or the significant other, which one would be rescued? Girl.
8. Same question, but with a finished project this time, which one would be rescued?again, girl. Sheesh we aren't like ducati riders ::)
9. Pickle or no pickle? I dont want a pickle, i justto want toto ride on my motorcycle!
10. A Do The Ton Rider's 5 Favorite
Manufacturers, of all time, in order, are... ALL OF THEM! I can't hate on anyone today...

LOL - Great answers, thanks guys, keep it up!

Oh, and special Shout to E, for this:
9. Pickle or no pickle? I dont want a pickle, i justto want toto ride on my motorcycle!
Nice! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g266Uwp6ZnI

Answered :)

[list type=decimal]
[*]A Do The Ton motorcycle is ...? A cafe Racer!
[*]A Do The Ton rider is ...? Cool, very cool!
[*]Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris? Bruce Lee.
[*]The best thing about a Do The Ton motorcycle is ... It goes fast!
[*]The best thing about a Do The Ton rider is ... The coolness
[*]Easter Bunny or Energizer Bunny? Energizer...
[*]If a Do The Ton rider's project was in a barn, along with his/her significant other, and the barn was on fire, and he/she only had to time to rescue either the project, or the significant other, which one would be rescued? the significant other, a good excuse to build a new racer. :)
[*]Same question, but with a finished project this time, which one would be rescued? Same as the above.
[*]Pickle or no pickle? No Pickle.
[*]A Do The Ton Rider's 5 Favorite Manufacturers, of all time, in order, are... Suzuki, Honda, BSA, Norton, Triumph
[/list]

• headaches and hardwork, but it pays off
  • cooler than your mom
  • chuck norris!
  • That it is built around what you like
  • everything
  • Easter Bunny, i like my chocolate
  • significant other, because a project can be restarted
  • stilll have to go with the significant other
  • it's gotta be a good pickle!
  • Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Ducati, Kawasaki

• A Do The Ton motorcycle is ...?
A turd lovingly polished to a high gleam.
  • A Do The Ton rider is ...?
Obsessive compulsive.
  • Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris?
Bruce, he kicked Chuck's ass in the Roman Coliseum.
  • The best thing about a Do The Ton motorcycle is ...
We allow all manner of riff raff to join our ranks, no background check required. We reject no one, well almost no one.
  • The best thing about a Do The Ton rider is ...
The willingness to ride bikes that don't adhere to any current safety standards.
  • Easter Bunny or Energizer Bunny?
Energizer Bunny, he's real.
  • If a Do The Ton rider's project was in a barn, along with his/her significant other, and the barn was on fire, and he/she only had to time to rescue either the project, or the significant other, which one would be rescued?
SO, bikes are cheap and plentiful. Girls are a huge investment of time and money.
  • Same question, but with a finished project this time, which one would be rescued?
I'd still save the girl.
  • Pickle or no pickle?
Extra pickles.
  • A Do The Ton Rider's 5 Favorite Manufacturers, of all time, in order, are...
Honda, Yamaha, Harley, Ducati, Triumph

Ha, glad that was the intent of that question! I grew up on sell guthrie. And sorry for the jumbled words on my long post, my droid is hellbent on playing scrabble with everything I type..

A Do The Ton motorcycle is Built not bought
A Do The Ton rider is there to help and always has a project going
Bruce Lee
The best thing about a Do The Ton motorcycle is how it is not like every other bike on the road
The best thing about a Do The Ton rider is the brotherhood bond that has formed.
Energizer Bunny?
If a Do The Ton rider's project was in a barn, along with his/her significant other, and the barn was on fire, and he/she only had to time to rescue either the project, or the significant other, which one would be rescued?... My wife i can always build another bike
Same question, but with a finished project this time, which one would be rescued? still wifey
Pickle
A Do The Ton Rider's 5 Favorite Manufacturers, of all time, in order, are... Harley, Honda, suzuki, BMW, Yamaha

1.A Do The Ton motorcycle is:
A personal project bike culminating the personal experience of *both* the builder and the DTT community which he's quite liable to seek out for help.
2.A Do The Ton rider is:
Part of that community, to the best of his ability. Whether his value is a human database of tools, parts and tricks, or simply a loveable cautionary example.
3.Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris:
Bruce Lee.
4.The best thing about a Do The Ton motorcycle is:
The fact that it is one of a kind, period, end of story.
5.The best thing about a Do The Ton rider is:
Pretty much the same.
6.Easter Bunny or Energizer Bunny:
Both are equally delicious.
7.If a Do The Ton rider's project was in a barn, along with his/her significant other, and the barn was on fire, and he/she only had to time to rescue either the project, or the significant other, which one would be rescued?
I swear, some of these guys get off resuscitating the saddest, most dilapidated shells on the planet into wonderful, artistic showpieces. To me, this means that there's a definite element of masochism.
So, the significant other. Perhaps even just *in order* to get to build the bike again.
8.Same question, but with a finished project this time, which one would be rescued?
9.Pickle or no pickle?
I paid for it. Even if I don't want it, I might trade it for John DOe's tomatoes.
10.A Do The Ton Rider's 5 Favorite Manufacturers, of all time, in order, are...
I couldn't even tell you. There's every flavor out there and every one different. Some DTTers won't touch antiquated Japanese hardware in favor of classic British bikes. Some grew up on dad's Yamaha DT-1 and won't ride anything else.
Then, there are some who realize that all bikes are cool... Some are just cooler than others.

1. A Do The Ton motorcycle is ...? Blood, Sweat, and Gears.
2. A Do The Ton rider is ...? The one who knows more about his bike than just how to put gas in it.
3. Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris? As stated earlier... Bruce Lee killed Chuck in The Way of the Dragon. 'nuff said ;)
4. The best thing about a Do The Ton motorcycle is ... No two are the same.
5. The best thing about a Do The Ton rider is ... Also as stated... Brotherhood
6. Easter Bunny or Energizer Bunny? Nestle Quick Bunny. That dude's crazy!
7. If a Do The Ton rider's project was in a barn, along with his/her significant other, and the barn was on fire, and he/she only had to time to rescue either the project, or the significant other, which one would be rescued? Wife. Too hard to carry both.
8. Same question, but with a finished project this time, which one would be rescued? This time, both! Jump on the bike, ride it out, scoop the wife up and onto the back of the bike Roy Rogers/Dale Evens style ;)
9. Pickle or no pickle? Pickle... sliced and fried, with dipping sauce.
10. A Do The Ton Rider's 5 Favorite Manufacturers, of all time, in order, are... I have 7 bikes here at the homestead. Atleast one bike from the four major Japanese manufacturers. However, I've only bought/paid money for three of them. The rest were freebies. My favorite Manufacturers are whoever made the next five freebie bikes I get.

adri said:
Old, honest, and a representation of it's owner.
  • A Do The Ton rider is ...?
CAPABLE
  • Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris?
I've learned a lot from both.
  • The best thing about a Do The Ton motorcycle is ...
form follows function
  • The best thing about a Do The Ton rider is ...
They give more than they take.
  • Easter Bunny or Energizer Bunny?
BUGGS you maroon! ;D
  • If a Do The Ton rider's project was in a barn, along with his/her significant other, and the barn was on fire, and he/she only had to time to rescue either the project, or the significant other, which one would be rescued?
My wife is fully capable of taking care of herself. But if she were hypothetically incapacitated, Her of course.
  • Same question, but with a finished project this time, which one would be rescued?
Same answer as above, but I would probably get enough sympathy that she would buy me a new Repsol Honda liter-bike. ;)
  • Pickle or no pickle?
Keep your dirty mitts off my pickle.
  • A Do The Ton Rider's 5 Favorite Manufacturers, of all time, in order, are...
Honda, Yamaha, Norton, Excelsior, Harley. 8)
[/list]

Back
Top Bottom