The Copenhagen wheel?

ABCanuck

Coast to Coast
Maybe I'm a little late to the party but I just saw this today and thought it was pretty interesting to anyone in the 2-wheeled community.

https://www.superpedestrian.com

Yeah I've been following that on and off. What is it, about $700 as an add-on?

Living in Toronto and being inundated with e-bikes, I've grown tired of powered 'bicycles' roaming my streets with lights, turn signals and typically DUI convicted criminals riding them. No license, no insurance, no training and a complete and utter disregard for anything resembling rules of the road.

I strongly believe that every cyclist who rides on a public road with a speed limit exceeding the 30KM/hr or so max rate of speed these e-bikes are allowed to travel should be licensed and insured. They should have to go through the same exact licensing process as a car driver or motorcycle rider. Whether your bicycle is human or electrically powered you should require a license to ride on anything other than a side-road residential street.

Until North America either catches up to Europe with its mutual respect between car, motorcycle and bicycle riders or devolves to the same state as China, India, take-your-pick South America with their totally you're on your own, no holds barred approach to traffic, we need people on our roads to be licensed and insured to equal degrees regardless of what vehicle you're in or on.

Funny Tim, as living in a rural area in Alberta those are things that I had never really considered. I just thought it would be the bees knees for a good old ride to work in a suit, even though that's something I will likely never do in my lifetime.

Here, the DUI'd idiots just sneak around in their cages as it's 30 miles to really get anywhere.

When I rode my bicycle everywhere, it was on the main roads, but I would be keeping up with traffic, doing 60-65km/h, not on the shoulder going 20 slowing everyone down.

Those electric scooters are the worst thing china has ever sent across. Big enough the goofs riding them think its a moped and can be on the street, slow enough that everyone just about runs them over.

How do I make an electric motorcycle that drives on the street and doesnt need any insurance or registration.... Ha.

Back
Top Bottom