hobbies outside of the lifestyle?

wristroll

I ride singletrack mountain bike as a hobby and workout. Good way to enjoy nature. Also another excuse to be on two wheels that my children can enjoy with me. My oldest son rides mx now so I spend plenty of time teaching him about his two stroke. What does anyone else do? When time allows.

I play with knives/guns inculding some making/modifying of knives. I like to get bush but it happens less frequently than I would like

Archery and throwing axes are my projectile choices. Getting outdoors is getting harder and harder with financial constraints the way they are with the rise in coat of living. But I try and make it a requirement to get in the timber two or three times a month. There isnt enough time in onea life to do everything. .. shame.

flying airplanes, playing with Nitro RC cars in the summer, trail mountain biking, building and overclocking computers and breaking and fixing anything I can get my hands on.

I shoot Skeet, occaisional Trap.
Punch holes in paper with a Handgun...
Also tie flies in the winter, then once it warms up I walk out to the edge of the backyard and catch Panfish with them.

Pilot? Or rc planes? I assume rc isnt something you into...takes practice and skill? What are the controls similiar to if anything?

Hoosier Daddy said:
I shoot Skeet, occaisional Trap.
Punch holes in paper with a Handgun...
Also tie flies in the winter, then once it warms up I walk out to the edge of the backyard and catch Panfish with them.

Surf fishing, punching holes in paper and or shooting steel. Also enjoy playing disc golf and drinking tasty beers.

I still ride skateboards- 30 years and counting. I plan on building a mini half in my back yard this summer. The wife and I kayak together, and hopefully with the kid this season. Fishing is also on the agenda, but not as much as it used to be.

Bass stalking in my Zodiac although I don't catch many bass. Lot's of perch and bluegills. I ditched the Evinrude Fleetwin and got a Yamaha F8. But it looks like all the lake ice won't melt until June at the rate this winter's going.

1385301_10151926052982674_845161625_n.jpg

wristroll said:
Pilot? Or rc planes? I assume rc isnt something you into...takes practice and skill? What are the controls similiar to if anything?

im a pilot by career but enjoy it outside work as well. I do nitro RC Trucks; havent got a chance to buy an RC airplane yet. my last purchase was a mini helicopter called an Eagle but it broke in a matter of days, that was a piss off.

DrJ said:
Bass stalking in my Zodiac although I don't catch many bass. Lot's of perch and bluegills. I ditched the Evinrude Fleetwin and got a Yamaha F8. But it looks like all the lake ice won't melt until June at the rate this winter's going.

1385301_10151926052982674_845161625_n.jpg
the lake ice? I am wondering if the ice on the driveway will melt by june...

Fly fishing
Photography
Saltwater Reef Aquariums
Poison Dart Frogs
Cars
Golf

The list goes on, lol.

I dig this thread!

Cooking and baking are two of my faves. Love using fresh, local produce and meat when possible. We usually have a small vegetable and herb garden every year, so I especially enjoy cooking then. Hours in the kitchen with some good jams and my (almost) two year old is a good time.

I love to pressure wash. Haha

I'm a sucker for an interesting murder mystery. (Reading, that is)

E and I are roadtrip people. We hit pretty much every moto gathering possible and don't think twice about driving five hours for our favorite milkshake. Before wee man, kayaking and backpacking were at the top of our list. Haven't gotten to do much of it lately, but we will be introducing him to these things soon :) Campsite camping is great, but doesn't seem like real camping to us... When you still have all the comforts of home, but you're sleeping outside... well, that's just sleeping outside. ;D
We would love to do the entire AT sometime.
Fishing and firearms are a win.

Back
Top Bottom